mtbr member

5Pack question or 2

since there can't be enough of these, and since the search function is not cooperating.....

switching the front end of a large Spot with that of a medium Pack is simple, right? nothing new needed, same shock i2i, no issues with current link plates, etc?

if yes - how much do front triangles go for? if my LBS isn't a Turner dealer, can they get the triangles? (i work at my LBS)

how is the geometry affected? i did skim 2 pages of this forum and i think i gathered that the bb would go up a little, and the HT would steepen. or was that going from the Pack to the Spot? i don't know, i got confused on what people where mixing and matching. i do know the TT of the medium Pack is right on the money, and the seat tube is an inch shorter, which tickles my fancy.

Nothing here

Baked Alaskan
    Search for jncarpenters frankenturner or jackalpoe thread -- I can't remember what it was called now -- he pretty much spells out the whole build and geometry stuff. As far as getting just the front triangle and all associated information, just call Turner.

edit: a quick of threads started by JNC search turned up this...

Long Strange Trip...AKA The "FrankenTurner"
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    that's the thread i was looking for. neato.

i didn't realize this thing was being sold. that's interesting.