Code Burr

5 Spot w Diabolous set up issues

Anyone had similar problems? I set it up with 1 bb spacer on the drive side and it was way too far out. The mech could not push the chain to the big ring. I moved the spacer to the non drive side bb cup and its better now, but driveline still feels a bit off. What setup are you guys running?

mtbr member
    Sorry I can't give you a direct answer for this frame.
    I just set up an Evolve DH 24,36,RG on a non Turner bike.
    You might want to find the centerline of your bottom bracket tube and take the chainline measurement. I didn't have a good sized square with me so my measurements were only good to about +/- 1mm. I measured my old set up first. I followed the instructions and set the spacers as indicated by Race Face.
    On my first testing I found that when in the small rings front and rear the 36 ring in front was trying top pick up the chain. I pulled everything back out and swapped a spacer from the non drive side to the drive side and it works perfect. It's possible my rear triangle is way out on this old bike.
    I'm assuming you ran out of limmit screw adjustment for the front der.?

Make sure you check the torque of that main crank bolt after each of the first rides. Mine settled in and took a little more turn after the first ride.
    Some people have had problems with these arms comming loose.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by fermenter; 04-24-2008 at 07:09 AM.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I installed a Deus on my 03 5 Spot closely following the RF instructions. I have two spacers on the drive side and none on the non drive. Except for the crazy amount of torque on the crank bolt there were no problems with the installation or shifting. I only run 22-32 on my crank ut there looks to be enough adjustment left in the deraileur to shift into a big ring
    I got some bad ideas in my head.