mtbr member
    Apr 2004

5-Spot-The ultimate ride

Get a 5-spot and never need or want another mountain bike again,unless of course you specialize in a particular discipline.This bike is so well balanced that even an inept rider will feel like Wade Simmons.It's a bike you have to grow with.In most cases you will to push hard to find the bikes limits.The other day I was noodlin' thru the woods and came up on a 3' log jam in the trail and was over it before i had a chance to even get a little worried.This bike makes epic rides a joy.Because I'm an hour and a half from the nearest ride spots in my area my rides all seem to be epics....I go until my legs can't,usually 4-6 hours.I put in alot of time in Ringwood,Fairmount Park in Philadelphia and in Delaware.Trails I wouldn't even look at on my old hardtail are cake now.I have the bike down to 27-8 pounds and I don't foresee another bike for many years.Turner does make the best and it shows.As far as the new Romics are concerned,it's new technology,just like when hydro brakes were introduced......How many problems did they have?Don't forget tubeless they are still working the bugs out of that system.Relax and ride,It's all good.

in the getto
    That's great Carl , maybe I'll run into you at Fairmount Park or Middle Run. I'm on a black 5er and my friend has a red one on it's way. Truly awsome ride! Post some pics when you get a chance.
    Thanks
    Tony
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

I wanna ride...

Sounds Great!

I'm getting ready to take a look at a 5 spot tomorrow. I can't wait.

All the write-ups that I've read have been very positive. I really haven't heard anything that would make me think that this isn't the exact bike I've been looking for.

SaaaaWeet!

I wanna ride...

Sounds Great!

I'm getting ready to take a look at a 5 spot tomorrow. I can't wait.

All the write-ups that I've read have been very positive. I really haven't heard anything that would make me think that this isn't the exact bike I've been looking for.

SaaaaWeet!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

re:fairmount park

Quote Originally Posted by toe-knee
    That's great Carl , maybe I'll run into you at Fairmount Park or Middle Run. I'm on a black 5er and my friend has a red one on it's way. Truly awsome ride! Post some pics when you get a chance.
    Thanks
    Tony
    That sounds cool.when do you usually ride?i might sneak out tomorrow and ride in philly.but e-mail me at gherkopf@aol.com and i'll see what i can do.if you wanna road trip to ringwood let me know,it's awesome.

thanx,Carl