Thread: 5 Spot sizing

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Wink 5 Spot sizing

Quick question. I have an opportunity to pick-up a DW link 5 Spot at an amazing price. That's the good news. The uncertainty is that I usual ride a small frame (I'm 5'4" with a 29" inseam) and the bike in question is a medium. Turner's website recommneds a small frame for my size but when speaking with them directly they indicated that a med may be fine, if not better.

Anyone riding either a small or med, please give me a sense for fit, stem size and comfort of fit.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If you can't take it for a test ride, then it might be best to look up the geometry of your current ride and compare it against the Spot taking into account how much you could change the stem length to get the reach that you desire. As long as reach and stand over are good, then I would think that you'd be ok.

Committed
    My wife is 5'4" and feels her small Spot with a 70mm stem fits perfectly. At 5'10.5" I have ridden both med and large Spots. I would say size small for you unless you test ride a med and like the fit & feel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Compare the geometry of other bikes that you know fit and make sure the stand-over clearance will suffice. You can modify the cockpit with a shorter stem and you have some latitude to slide the seat forward on the rails. If it has a set-back post you can go with a straight post. The Turner crew is very knowledgeable and if they say a medium will work for you its a safe bet. Go for it.