mtbr member
    Nov 2005

5 spot replacement

Long story short, I had my 5 spot taken off my jeep in traffic yesterday and need to replace it. It was an 06, first year TNT, large. Pike 454 u turn air, SRAM 9.0 shifters/RD, XT cranks, 819 wheels w/ Hadley hubs and the DHX air 5.0. My thought is to just order another the same, but I'm not sure what has changed since then or what I should change in my set up. I'm even toying with a RFX instead, but have no experience or knowledge there. Any help to get a bummed rider back on the trail will be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What trail's do you ride in your area ?

mtbr member
    "5 spot taken off my jeep in traffic yesterday" ????

How does this happen? You were stopped in traffic and someone ripped off your bike??

Wow....havent heard of that one before

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yes, taken in traffic. Apparently it is a new method. I ride a lot of single track at China Camp, Truckee, and Downieville 2-3 times per summer. Not much fire road stuff, other than Pine Mountain once in a while.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'll give you a sweet deal on my 2007 Intense 5.5 frame (so I can buy a new 5 spot!). It has hardly been ridden yet the bearings still managed to seize on me. Go for a new spot.