Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb View Post
    My 2006 front triangle, w/ 2008 TNT rear.....It's my dual slalom race sled these days....Attachment 1030453

Great Pic!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Sent her off to the new owner today, I'm officially Turner-less now.

5 Spot Photo Thread [o]-img_20151119_171850.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Sent her off to the new owner today, I'm officially Turner-less now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151119_171850.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	1031248

Loser. Just kidding. I have been demoing lots of other bikes and while many are as fun as my old spot, none so far is head and shoulders better (for my location - NE USA- and me).

5 Spot Photo Thread [o]-img_1509.jpg
    Last edited by Vespasianus; 11-25-2015 at 08:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Loser. Just kidding. I have been demoing lots of other bikes and while many are as fun as my old spot, none so far is head and shoulders better.
    I'm pretty happy with my Warden, and noticeably faster according to the guys I ride with! I can't seem to get the timing right with Turners; I bought the '10 Spot just before they brought out the revised one with the slacker HA and 12mm rear end, and I ordered my new frame only a couple of months before the RFX appeared.
    The one thing I miss is the way the 5spot pedals, I never touched the lock out on the shock but now I'm using it all the time for the logging road climbs (and still trying to remember to unlock it at the top!).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my Warden, and noticeably faster according to the guys I ride with! I can't seem to get the timing right with Turners; I bought the '10 Spot just before they brought out the revised one with the slacker HA and 12mm rear end, and I ordered my new frame only a couple of months before the RFX appeared.
    The one thing I miss is the way the 5spot pedals, I never touched the lock out on the shock but now I'm using it all the time for the logging road climbs (and still trying to remember to unlock it at the top!).
    That is the problem with demo's, the bikes are generally not the more boutique brands. Treks, Specialized and Rocky Mountain for the most part.

I am with you with the timing. I purchased a Titus right before they went belly up and my 2011 5-spot right before the move to 27.5.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Start of a new season

The 2016 SoCal High School MTB Race League spring season is open, and there's still one Turner sweeping the races...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5 Spot Photo Thread [o]-img_2133.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi

Has anyone tried adding a stealth dropper slot like the burner 3.1 and if so how did it go? Ask as thinking it might be possible to machine a slot into my '13 spot and loose the annoying reverb cable looping next to the rocker

Many thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetboy View Post
    Hi

Has anyone tried adding a stealth dropper slot like the burner 3.1 and if so how did it go? Ask as thinking it might be possible to machine a slot into my '13 spot and loose the annoying reverb cable looping next to the rocker

Many thanks
    Not 100% sure. Is the routing that bad?

Sorry for the pic, but still love my 5-Spot:

5 Spot Photo Thread [o]-vlcsnap-2016-04-07-08h29m17s060.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Its 2016 and now my 5-Spot is 12 years old. Tempted to buy a 27.5 but decided just to upgrade it. Aluminum is more forgiving than Carbon Fiber. Added some Ergons, 26x2.3 tubeless WTB Weirwolfs, Thomson 27.2 dropper, FOX talas Fit 4, Float RP23, converted to 9x2, K-Edge MTB chain catcher, crane creek 110. Location: Monument Peak , Milpitas, Calif.

5 Spot Photo Thread [o]-5spot.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by splatball68 View Post
    Its 2016 and now my 5-Spot is 12 years old. Tempted to buy a 27.5 but decided just to upgrade it. Aluminum is more forgiving than Carbon Fiber. Added some Ergons, 26x2.3 tubeless WTB Weirwolfs, Thomson 27.2 dropper, FOX talas Fit 4, Float RP23, converted to 9x2, K-Edge MTB chain catcher, crane creek 110. Location: Monument Peak , Milpitas, Calif.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5spot.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	1091241
    Nice refresh of a classic!

Did you entertain drilling a hole in the seat tube to run a stealth dropper as others have done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    That was one of the most iconic bikes ever made. I still have my 1st year medium (loaned to a friend) and a 6" prototype of the 6 pack that I can't part with. I did however try and later adopt the 27.5 wheel with an intense T 275 and a flux, both aluminum. I'm now looking at the new Guerilla gravity pistol, Lynskey summit because they use the horst link and 27.5.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    No, the Thomson 27.2 doesn't come in stealth. For now I just reach under my seat and lower it by pressing the lever by hand. Haven't hooked up the remote.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Check out REI Ghost bikes from Germany. They use Horst link.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678