mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Good job! 5 Spot lineage - help required

in a local forum here i norway i made the claim, albeit as a semijest, that few if any current bikes deserve the use of evo somewhere in its name more than the 5 Spot (but that thankfully Mr Turner was/is above using such cheap marketing gimmicks in the naming of any said bike)! I'm fairly certain that the claim would stand up to any scrutiny directed its way, but as it actually poked my interest - and hopefully yours too, could somebody please help me with compiling a list, photo included, of all the different 5 spots with basic geo (head tube/seat tube angle, top tube length, bb height, chainstay length, travel up front and in back) in medium?

Yes, I'm perfectly aware that i'm terribly lazy asking for your help in compiling this tribute to the 5 Spot, but if hopefully somebody with the same love of the 5 Spot as i have, more knowledge of earlier models as well as a little bit of time on their hands are willing to chime in - well, the more the merrier! Let's walk down memory lane together

and yes, telling me to sodd of and doing my own research is a viable answer as well

any and all help is most appreciated, and if such a list already exists - well, bloody great and huzzah!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by klinkekule View Post
    in a local forum here i norway i made the claim, albeit as a semijest, that few if any current bikes deserve the use of evo somewhere in its name more than the 5 Spot (but that thankfully Mr Turner was/is above using such cheap marketing gimmicks in the naming of any said bike)! I'm fairly certain that the claim would stand up to any scrutiny directed its way, but as it actually poked my interest - and hopefully yours too, could somebody please help me with compiling a list, photo included, of all the different 5 spots with basic geo (head tube/seat tube angle, top tube length, bb height, chainstay length, travel up front and in back) in medium?

Yes, I'm perfectly aware that i'm terribly lazy asking for your help in compiling this tribute to the 5 Spot, but if hopefully somebody with the same love of the 5 Spot as i have, more knowledge of earlier models as well as a little bit of time on their hands are willing to chime in - well, the more the merrier! Let's walk down memory lane together

and yes, telling me to sodd of and doing my own research is a viable answer as well

any and all help is most appreciated, and if such a list already exists - well, bloody great and huzzah!
    Turner allready has a good portion of this on there web site. Just does not have the pics and geo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Actually, you can download all the old Turner catalogs which contain the geometry of all their frame from 2002 - the present at Turner Bikes - General FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DHRracer View Post
    Turner allready has a good portion of this on there web site. Just does not have the pics and geo.
    so all the info i ask for is not avaliable where you suggest i might find it?

bonesteel; great! I'll see if i can compile the list sometimes in the not so distant future then. The to do list is kinda long prior to it getting done though, so don't hold yer breaths

thanks to the both of you for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated