Thread: 5 Spot Fork

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

New question here. 5 Spot Fork

I've got an 04 5-spot with Maverick forks - which are knackered and need replaced. I wasn't too keen on them anyway, anyone have any suggestions for a replacement ?

- I was thinking 5" travel and air sprung and in case it matters I weigh ~215pounds and have a fairly 'direct' riding style.

PS i picked up my new highline yesterday - first impressions are that it some machine and i'll have great fun getting lots of practice in.

Baked Alaskan
    Search is your friend. There are tons of posts on the topic and there's a Spot setup database in the sticky on the top of the Turner board - there are a couple hundred setups listed in there. As you'll see -- the popular Spot forks now are the Pike, AM and Z1's.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Lay off the Levers
    Try using the advanced search near the top of the page. This kind of thread comes up every other week or so. There's lots of good advice to be found.

Short answer is the Pike dual air is really nice on the Spot. Quite a few raves about it. It also has a very [SIZE=2]convenient [/SIZE]20mm axle. (Maxle)
    Edit.. ACK beat me to it.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Or for QR, there's the revelation, a bit more XC than the pike, had both on my spot, prefer the pike with the 20mm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbz
    Or for QR, there's the revelation, a bit more XC than the pike, had both on my spot, prefer the pike with the 20mm.
    Do you prefer the pike over the Revelation because of the extra stabiliy, geometry or the extra travel?
    Hydrate or Die Trying

MK_
    carpe maņana
    What didn't you like about the Maverick fork? This would be a good starting point for your next fork selection.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Zip
    Joe Dirt Status
    As I have stated many times the Vanilla RCL 130 on my spot is wonderfull. I have heard the Pike is nice as well. I like coil hence the Vanilla.