Thread: 5 Spot Fork

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

5 Spot Fork

New 5 Spot is on the way and I need a 5" travel fork. I am thinking of going with the Fox Vanilla R or possibly RLC. Will the RLC be that much better than the R? Or should I go with a Marzocchi Am fork???? 6'4" clyde really leaning twords coil spring fork

No, that's not phonetic
    No offense, but this is THE most discussed topic on this board. A search will save a lot of people repeating themselves.

I, personally, would not go with the Fox.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

trail fairy
    Hay dude just moved to a Spot myself already have my comps, and I'll be installing an 06 AM1 which I been riding for the last 3 or so months and I love it so looking forward to trying out on the spot, IMO this fork is way superior to the FOX,(I had a fox before the AM).

I don't know how it will ride on the Spot but I'll will let ya know soon, but I think it'll be all good.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Amphibious Technologies
    I believe the concensus is the PIKE with u-turn, no remote poplock, is best the the spot.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have used the search function but could not find what I was looking for......

Really thinking about going with the Marzocchi AM SL 2005 or Revalation dual air. I have a new wheel set with qr hub.
    Last edited by TXDirtDawg; 03-07-2006 at 07:11 PM.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDirtDawg
    I have used the search function but could not find what I was looking for......

Really thinking about going with the Marzocchi AM SL 2005 or Revalation dual air. I have a new wheel set with qr hub.
    I just got a Revelation U-Turn with no PopLock.
    Spot frame should be here tomorrow and my parts are sitting waiting wishing...
    I have a QR front wheel and didn't want to buy/build a new one. I had a Reba U-Turn on my Burner and absolutely loved the fork. My buddy has a Blur and rode a total of 10 feet on singletrack with it before he wanted to make me an offer. Based on my experience (never having ridden a Fox by the way) the Revelation was the only way for me to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Revelation Dual Air is a great fork if you don't feel the need to change your travel. Just like the Reba, but more...

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Revelation Dual Air is a great fork if you don't feel the need to change your travel. Just like the Reba, but more...
    Added bonus - the pump that comes with it is really nice. I think it's a Total Air with the RS logo and a red dial. Other than that it looks exactly like my other pump.
    Big hoopy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Guess I wil find out soon. I am going to order one tonight

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    for what its worth as it sounds like ya have a relevation in yer future, i dig my '05 am sl and got it super cheap. takes a bit to find the tune but once there its been a pleasure to ride.
    No, I'm NOT back!

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    It'll look something like this:

Granted you'll probably want to put some derailleurs on yours
    I should have mine on tomorrow
    Big hoopy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Looks good.

You might want to throw a chain on it ......My frame will be a slightly different color. I will post some picks when it arrives in the afternoon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Nice pics. I have some of those revs on my hardtail. Very impressed so far. Pike U Turns (Air) on order for my 5-spot to replace the Vanilla R on there.

Looking forward to giving them a thrash if IT EVER STOPS RAINING in the UK. Looking at the long range weather forecast, I'm ordering some RockShox Flippers.