mtbr member
    Aug 2005

5 Spot DHX Fit Issues

Hi all! This is my first post. I recently purchased a DHX Air shock as an upgrade for my '04 5 Spot. Low and behold, it does not fit! Eye to eye and bushing width are fine, the problem is frame clearance. I've tried mounted it both upright and inverted. Has Turner redesigned the rocker (walking?) beam since '04?

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    No worries Konga - just get out the dremel tool and do a little grinding.

Take a look at the pics in the following thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...80344#poststop

And yes, Turner has new rockers pre-notched already for the '05 frames.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Konga
    Hi all! This is my first post. I recently purchased a DHX Air shock as an upgrade for my '04 5 Spot. Low and behold, it does not fit! Eye to eye and bushing width are fine, the problem is frame clearance. I've tried mounted it both upright and inverted. Has Turner redesigned the rocker (walking?) beam since '04?
    You are going to have to remove the blue bottomout adj. knob with a 2.5mm allen wrench. Carry it in your pack and use as a tool on the trail to adjust the bottom out threshold if you want.

First, you will need to put the notch in the rocker. Turner said to Dremel away, there's plenty of material on the rocker.

The Push sticker is on my rocker because Darren was kind enough to mill the notch for me to get it to fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary

oly
    mtbr member
    use the .25" diameter sanding drums for a dremel tool. I went through maybe 3-4 when i did mine. Just go a little at a time and check the fit often. I worked on it till i could fit the air pump head onto the valve.

I dindnt find the need to remove my bottom out knob. I guess if you run no BO on it then it might get close... i prefer my adjustment about 1/2 way in.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=S-Works]You are going to have to remove the blue bottomout adj. knob with a 2.5mm allen wrench. Carry it in your pack and use as a tool on the trail to adjust the bottom out threshold if you want

Why did you take that off am I missing somthing?

Team Blindspot
    [QUOTE=stevo5]
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    You are going to have to remove the blue bottomout adj. knob with a 2.5mm allen wrench. Carry it in your pack and use as a tool on the trail to adjust the bottom out threshold if you want

Why did you take that off am I missing somthing?
    It would hit the downtube on full compression. Needed to remove for more clearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by S-Works; 10-21-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    Astigmatic Visionary