Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

5 Spot bling photos

2K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Prof 
#1 ·
Making some photos for the local bike-magazine. Got some FinishLine Pro Detailer, I've polished my Spot, grab my camera and went to catch an evening light.

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice stuff, now go back out there and park that bad boy back in the same spot, but6" or so forward so you can have the cranks leveled with the drive side crank forward for proper mag photos :thumbsup: ;) Love the light and background in the 1st image, really makes the bike stand out and compliments the colour choices.

#13 ·
Black is back

Nice 5Spot, sweet pictures, I wish I would spend more time with my SLR!
Unfortuantely its 35mm which is kewel still best imo but not as convinent would lov it in Digi

I use a Minolta 7xi I bought in the early 90s, Marco lenses and body and lenses are motor driven but full man mode as well, chip cards the works burger!
I used it at the worlds in 06 and a Aussie bike phot dude and I got talking and we got reminicing he liked it course I have about 15rolls of used film Im luggin around ekk $$$$$ and time! Will be with me as no dollars for camera's:p

Anyways back on track thanks for showing the Spot its nice to see some of the pre newer models like ours, shows you how well they last, must polish mine, what do you use, mines Ano and yesy it has a slightly faded purple tinge ahh still like new though, just not as deep a black as yours:thumbsup:

Sweet

Churrrrrrr

#18 ·
This bike is a beauty ! :) The other thing is the camera/lens setup. 1D ! 135L ! I have to wake up ! :). Seriously - very nice shots, great DoF. I use 30D with 17-55 F2.8 and 70-200 F4 L - like it a lot, but I would like to get myself full frame body sometime soon and switch 17-55 to 24-105.... Eeeech, dream on serhij... ;)

#22 ·
urinal mint said:
With that amount of light, why in the world would you shoot at ISO 200?
1D using CCD chip, and 200 is the normal working ISO for this camera. On ISO 100 there is some leak in dynamic range. Also this camera has top shutter speed at 1/16000 instead of 1/8000 on CMOS cameras (1DMk2, etc.). This camera is much older than my Spot ;)

#26 ·
Aaaaahhh, great bokeh, love that. Similar I got only with my old, prime Canon EF 200 F/2.8L, but mainly thanks to longer focal lenght. Canon EF 85 F/1.8 (absolute king lens considering price/quality ratio) can't produce anything close to what I see here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.