Thread: 4 weeks 1 day

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

4 weeks 1 day

since i posted 'broke'. having broken the styloid off my radius (1 - nil scaphoid) having thrown myself over the bars of my highline. my fault.
    anyhow two weeks later i was commuting to work again.
    today i rode off road again. yippee. felt good other than not being as strong in my wrist, any suggestions for strengthening exercises.......
    i know i've been mega lucky i'm looking forward to going back to stainburn and getting some ghosts sorted out.

trail fairy
    yo
    Quote Originally Posted by nickhart
    since i posted 'broke'. having broken the styloid off my radius (1 - nil scaphoid) having thrown myself over the bars of my highline. my fault.
    anyhow two weeks later i was commuting to work again.
    today i rode off road again. yippee. felt good other than not being as strong in my wrist, any suggestions for strengthening exercises.......
    i know i've been mega lucky i'm looking forward to going back to stainburn and getting some ghosts sorted out.
    Hey Nick glad you ok and not been off to long, have a look at one of these if ya haven't got one alreadym power ball Ive had mine for a year or so and its fun really works, mine even glows in the dark cool.

Keep her healing and go easy till ya strength returns..

Chur

http://www.powerballs.co.nz/?gclid=CMaj-5zwj5MCFRJIagodMDbVgQ

Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    I broke my wrist last fall, right before desert MX season. I did a number of exercises to get my strength back. At my local Gold's gym they have this crazy wrist machine by Nautilus. It has 5 or 6 wrist exercises in one machine. I used this machine a lot and would superset (no rest) from one exercise to the next. I also bought a couple of small dumbbells for the house and did all sorts of complex wrist twisting exercises while watching TV. Keep in mind that flexibility is just as important as strength. Work with lighter weights for full range of motion before focusing on raw strength. I also like to use some heat and stretching before my work out and 20min of ice after.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's