mtbr member
    Apr 2004

4" travel Burners???

Because so many of you have bought Burners and everyone thinking about it seems to want more, here it is.

In 2002 we made rockers to allow the XCE to get 4" of travel with a 1.5" stroke shock as opposed to eth 1.75" stoke shock we had speced. These rockers were designated with an X-R stamped into the back. These rockers will accomplish the same thing on the Burner with any 1.5" stoke shock!

Paul of Paul Components was the one who machined them for us. David recently spoke to Paul and told him of consumers desire to get a pair of those rockers. We have decided the best option here is to send those of you who want them directly to Paul to get a set.

Here is the number for Paul Components 530-345-4371

Turner Bikes Crew

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    And so God (oops meant Turner) looked down and said your prayers are answered.

Seriously, does someone want to see if we can get a group buy on these things?

mtbr member

Hell yeah

I'm down with that group buy idea. I've been searching high and low for a pair of romic rockers. Any idea on price for the new rockers?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_nut
    I'm down with that group buy idea. I've been searching high and low for a pair of romic rockers. Any idea on price for the new rockers?
    Paul Componenets would be the one to determine the price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Good job!

Count me in!

Still chuggin' along
    How amazing is this?? How many companies do we know of would inform their counsumers of who their makers are and try to help out you guys with Burners?! We're a lucky group of people to own bikes from a truly fantastic company I rarely sing my praises for companies but this won me over.

mtbr member

We're in for 1 set.......BUT..........

We have our own issue with a new burner we have, size small, full red, pro-pedal, that was sold but hasn't been picked up. Seeing as how since the initial order and the build date, Dave sent some non-pro-pedal frames to Supergo, or whomever that was, I suspect the customer decided to save a few hundred bucks, and we now have an orphan frame. Might just as well put the 4" rockers on it and see what happens.

Anyone interested?

Can't wait to see a nitrous and highline though. Any idea when either of these will be out?

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by kpicha
    How amazing is this?? How many companies do we know of would inform their counsumers of who their makers are and try to help out you guys with Burners?! We're a lucky group of people to own bikes from a truly fantastic company I rarely sing my praises for companies but this won me over.
    I have to nod w/ you on that. So many intangibles. The content of this forum is one of them. Sometimes the little things mean a lot.

Kudos Turnerbikes for not only advising folks on it but for asking Pauls to ramp-up for end user requests.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wow, that sucks.

I had something similar happen. I had ordered my XCE right before they got blown out @ supergo for 1200. I figured a deal was a deal and ate the 3-400 dollar difference. Hopefully this person is just slow and isn't blowing you off.

Dave

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    We have our own issue with a new burner we have, size small, full red, pro-pedal, that was sold but hasn't been picked up...
    That does suck, perhaps after the last of the production is done, Burners will be as sought-after as the XCEs were when they were discontinued. If so, you only have to wait a bit and you should have no trouble at all selling it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Wow - great customer service. I recently purchased the Burner and I was able to get the "X-R" rockers. I have been really impressed with the ride quality of my 4" travel Burner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    ...perhaps after the last of the production is done, Burners will be as sought-after as the XCEs were when they were discontinued...
    Huh ? Did I miss something? The Burner is being discontinued?
    Last edited by CrashTheDOG; 04-13-2004 at 09:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just wanted to give a thanks to all of those who support us and what we do. The Burner is an incredibly unfortunate situation. We never intended for this bike to have to be blown out at Supergo. The reality is the bike just didn't sell for whatever reason. We as a company have chosen to move them through Supergo and move on to the future. The result is an awesome deal for some people on the Burner! We greatly appreciate all of our customers and do everything we can to provide the best service possible.

Thanks again for all the support!
    Turner Bikes Crew

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Huh ? Did I miss something? The Burner is being discontinued?
    HE[size=4]LLOOOOO [/size][size=2]McFlyyyyy!!!![/size]
    what threads have you been reading lately? See what happens when you miss just one day on MTBR? a whole week of nothing then in two days two major announcements.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 04-13-2004 at 10:10 AM.

mtbr member

No biggie........

Someone will want it, certainly not at full retail, but you win some, you lose some. Can't fault Turner for that, they have to do what is right for their company, and we have NO way of knowing the national sales, etc. As I said, I don't see a problem with someone else picking it up, and we can move onto the newest Turner rigs.

I almost wish it were my size....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    HE[size=4]LLOOOOO [/size][size=2]McFlyyyyy!!!![/size]
    what threads have you been reading lately? See what happens when you miss just one day on MTBR? a whole week of nothing then in two days two major announcements.
    Dooh! Ive never really paid much attention to the Burner banter and chitchat until yesterday when I decided to pull the trigger on one for my wife. Looks like Id better go ahead and get in line for one of the closeouts at Supergo or pony up and get her the 5 Spot.

If I simply had something for her to ride Id wait until Interbike to see what Turner plans on releasing. Turnerbikes you wouldn't want to drop any highly classified and premature info would you? Ah common, throw TheDOG a bone. Oh the agony of choices...

mtbr member

If she needs a small

Then drop us a line. Ours has the pro-pedal though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Then drop us a line. Ours has the pro-pedal though.
    esquire,

I just PM'd you with my email addy.

Crash