Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

20mm front hub width?

hey guys. i just scored a rfx/rf6/5 spot frankenframe and eventually ill be tossin on a 6" fork, say a fox 36 or marzocchi whatever. currently i have a set of old d/h wheels i built for a c-dale moto 120 fork that uses a hope big un front hub/mavic 521. im wonderin if i can use it without changin cones on the newer 20mm through axle forks. anyone know the spacing between the drop outs on these babys? looks like mines about 100mm. sure would be cool if you could help.

heres a shot of the 4 banger and very custom moto 120 the rfx will replace:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cactuscorn; 10-05-2005 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typical moron move
    No, I'm NOT back!

MK_
    carpe maņana
    That is beautifully vintage.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

thanx man. seems i have boxes of that crap here. i was too stupid to sell it off as i upgraded, thinkin id use it all again someday. guess i better hang onto it till its worth somethin again or ill lose my ass.
    some of it will go back on the burner to make it mid-late 90's vintage again now that theres no reason left not to fully retire it, a bit will go on the frankenframe, the rest? i dunno. wanna buy a bullet bros t-2 chain guide? now gimme that measurement or ill be forced to fill the room with my dogs farts!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Am not, had mine removed.
    Keep all old crap. Pack rats unite!!!!!
    You want to ride behind someone who does something that?

770-271-9506

Lookin for that extra can
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    now gimme that measurement or ill be forced to fill the room with my dogs farts!
    Clear the air! My 05 Z1FR1 says its 110mm

--rip

mtbr member
    Measured CK Hub at 110 mm, hope you get yours to fit.

Flyin Canine
    20mm hubs are 110mm. QR hubs are 100mm. there may be exceptions but I think it's very standardized.

standardized indeed! tell that to cannondale! a bike company named after a train station... sheesh! no wonder my axle measures 18mm and the hub width is 93mm. perhaps theyre just ahead of the rest and are poised for the new indusrty standard in 2018 with the introduction of the new ubertanium/unanium propultion system otherwise know as uups (pronounced "oops" in pensylvania). hey it could happen.

anyone wanna buy a hope big un hub and a t-2 chainguide? acctually i think hope makes a ton of diff cones for these hubs to fit newer specs. we shall see.
    No, I'm NOT back!