mtbr member
    Jul 2011

2012 5spot seat tube main pivot PLAY

Good day homers! My 2012 spot, after 7 months of trail riding produces an up and down play which is very very minimal most especially when I lift the bike with force. So I emailed Greg immediately about it and asked what to do to fix it. He said that the pivot shaft installed on my spot might be a bit too long. He said that the play would not appear upon assembly but after spending rides on it or after the bushings finally sit in. He asked for my address as he will be shipping me a shorter pivot shaft that should solve my problem.

Question is, can I still continue riding the bike while waiting for the shipment or even if it doesn't come? Will this be harmful on my frame overtime? I am afraid that the play becomes bigger..

I did the process of elimination by holding the clevis bolts,dw link bolts and shock bolts/eyelets but the play can only be felt on the main pivot shafts. Up and down, not side to side.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Are you sure its not play in the shock bushings!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    @pink- yup!! I'm 99 percent sure its from the seat tube pivots. I tried holding the shock bushings but it was so stiff.

BBW
    mtbr member
    did you check the shock bushings? JIC
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Done that.no play there.it can really be felt when I hold the surrounding of the seattube pivot shaft.