Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Commit or eat sh!t
    Not complete without streamers

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The Demo doesn't even have the chainguide setup correctly. Way at the wrong angle. Stupid specialized.
    El Guapoooooooo

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chauzie
    well putting the DHR next to a Demo makes the DHR look like a hack.
    Demo = super model
    DHR = catalog model
    why so many homers need to defend a catalog model anyway?
    just my 02

And for guys like you that base a bike's worth soley on appearance, I'm stoked you have some options! Just do yourself a favor and never get a meaningful test ride in on a well tuned dhr.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Chauzie has got to be a sock puppet account. Nobody is that dumb.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    oh man sorry for getting everyone so worked up over a ****ing pic! It's just a bike and an opinion on the intar-webs, guys. Chill guys not it's not like I'm critiquing your old lady! Jesus way too personal **** in here. No need to showbo your awesome downhill resume on me. My opinion is simply an abstraction just like your resume!

Locs on Spokez
    Nothing wrong with you opinion foo

You just blabbered in the wrong place. Go to the SpecialEd forums, they'll kindly accept you
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chauzie
    oh man sorry for getting everyone so worked up over a ****ing pic! It's just a bike and an opinion on the intar-webs, guys. Chill guys not it's not like I'm critiquing your old lady! Jesus way too personal **** in here. No need to showbo your awesome downhill resume on me. My opinion is simply an abstraction just like your resume!
    Chauzie,

We don't have a problem with your opinion. We didn't say anything bad about the Demo or why the DHR is better, etc. However, you show up and start bagging on the DHR in the Turner forum. Your words: "It's like somebody from OCC chopper just took 2 straight pipes and put some welds on them and call it a bike." That's pretty rude and shows you don't really have a clue as to what went into designing that bike. I personally know Dave Turner and Dave Weagle and know how much hard work they put into making a bike that performs great. That's what's important to them and most Turner owners.

Ultimately, this is a thread about "Set-Ups for DHRs", not a thread about "what bike do you like better than the DHR". If you want to start that thread you should do it in the general "DH" forum.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

Commit or eat sh!t
    Chauzie, let me refresh your memory:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

New DHR

Just got my new DHR. I am really impressed with the new head-tube design. I rode my original frame for 2 months at Whistler and other downhill trails. This is without a doubt the best downhill bike I've ever had.

Size: Lg
    Anodized black
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 DHR set-ups-dsc01880.jpg  

2011 DHR set-ups-dsc01881.jpg  

mtbr member
    looks good!
    I can't wait to get mine back. It's on the way to Switzerland at the moment..

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    speedster759 . Nice bike and ride best ever
    In CHIANGMAI THAILAND i ride the old triangle about 3 month it no problem . However I still wait front triangle from dealer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 DHR set-ups-photo_2.jpg  

Working on my Drops
    Does anyone know how far you can insert the seatpost into the seat tube? There are some DH trails around here that require a pedaling up a fire road. Was wondering if i can get reasonable leg extension to pedal up some of the fire roads.

switchback sculptor
    You're probably gonna need a remote adjustable post.

mtbr member
    -Q: What size seatpost is required?

A: 2011 dw-link DHR's use a 30.9mm seatpost with enough length to guarantee 4" or 100mm of insertion.
    2008 DHR's and prior use a 27.2mm seatpost size.

http://www.turnerbikes.com/010/010faqs.html

Slap happy crappiness
    I want I want I want.... But I can't seem to find any reason to get rid of my '08...
    Nice bikes in this thread.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    What size are you running MTBAlex?

On my XL I have roughly 7-8" of seatpost tube on the frame with another 2" below the tube before hitting the shock.

On an XL say 5-6" of adjustment. I have a similar situation and the extra length will come in handy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_6.6
    speedster759 . Nice bike and ride best ever
    In CHIANGMAI THAILAND i ride the old triangle about 3 month it no problem . However I still wait front triangle from dealer.
    you ride in Chiang Mai!? where? I go there for my Muay Thai training every now and then, but I need to hook up with the ''locals'' for my bike riding, is there a place where I could ''rent a good DH bike''?

Working on my Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Krout
    What size are you running MTBAlex?

On my XL I have roughly 7-8" of seatpost tube on the frame with another 2" below the tube before hitting the shock.

On an XL say 5-6" of adjustment. I have a similar situation and the extra length will come in handy.

Hey Krout,

I'm tryign to decide if the DHR is the bike I want. I'm 5'8'' and so I'm in between a small and a medium. Now how much of the seatpost need to be in the seat tube for the seatpost to be stable and have minimal risk in wrecking the frame? an inch?

mtbr member
    That would be 4" minimum insertion. Email Turner, they should have the answers your looking for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lokomonkey
    you ride in Chiang Mai!? where? I go there for my Muay Thai training every now and then, but I need to hook up with the ''locals'' for my bike riding, is there a place where I could ''rent a good DH bike''?
    I ride in Doi pui that has many trail . For rent Dh bike you call Tca bike shop in change Mai tel 053-406292 he has kona stinky and stab for rent. If you want guide local trail call Mr note. Mobile 081-6610368. Enjoy for rideing in Chiangmai .

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_6.6
    I ride in Doi pui that has many trail . For rent Dh bike you call Tca bike shop in change Mai tel 053-406292 he has kona stinky and stab for rent. If you want guide local trail call Mr note. Mobile 081-6610368. Enjoy for rideing in Chiangmai .
    krup khum krub! I really mean thank you! now I can do my two favorite sport in Chiang Mai, next time I go there, usually november/december for the King's Birthday celebration......
    thanks again

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lokomonkey
    krup khum krub! I really mean thank you! now I can do my two favorite sport in Chiang Mai, next time I go there, usually november/december for the King's Birthday celebration......
    thanks again
    Mai pen rai krab, Mean your welcome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex
    Hey Krout,

I'm tryign to decide if the DHR is the bike I want. I'm 5'8'' and so I'm in between a small and a medium. Now how much of the seatpost need to be in the seat tube for the seatpost to be stable and have minimal risk in wrecking the frame? an inch?
    Not sure if it helps or not, but I'm 5'7" and ride a medium with about 7" of seat post sticking out. The mediums are pretty small, there is no way I could see myself on a small.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by banga
    Not sure if it helps or not, but I'm 5'7" and ride a medium with about 7" of seat post sticking out. The mediums are pretty small, there is no way I could see myself on a small.
    I'm 5'8" and ride a medium. They aren't as long as some mediums.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Will pick up my replacment frame tomorrow! By tomorrow evening my baby should be ready for shredding again! I will not be able to sleep tonight .

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast