Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

2010 RFX release date?

Have there been any updates recently on when it is coming out? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm guessing it might be a 2011 RFX.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

none

There is no date planned. I really doubt there are many people willing to ride a 7.5lb frame and pay $2900 for it, regardles of where it is made and who has a job because of it. The values out of Taiwan and China are too aluring for those wanting a big travel bike. Based on the price of the DHR, and the minimum first run we have to run, Sorry, but the dozens of shops that have asked about availability since the showing of the proto last fall mostly want, wait for it...
    1. For the caller of course, IF the person on the phone is pressed they squeemishly say maybe they would take one for the floor. Unless we either drop the price notably by going overseas or sell these things 'direct' and cut out the shops there is a tiny market for a bike like this. Remember the Highline, I do.

DT

tardcore
    For what it's worth I'll buy one when and if it is available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    There is no date planned. I really doubt there are many people willing to ride a 7.5lb frame and pay $2900 for it, regardles of where it is made and who has a job because of it. The values out of Taiwan and China are too aluring for those wanting a big travel bike. Based on the price of the DHR, and the minimum first run we have to run, Sorry, but the dozens of shops that have asked about availability since the showing of the proto last fall mostly want, wait for it...
    1. For the caller of course, IF the person on the phone is pressed they squeemishly say maybe they would take one for the floor. Unless we either drop the price notably by going overseas or sell these things 'direct' and cut out the shops there is a tiny market for a bike like this. Remember the Highline, I do.

DT
    What??? You are scrapping the RFX? With all due respect I think you are underestimating the number of people who are riding placeholder bikes while waiting for this.

As for the value proposition, I would take a $2900 RFX over a $2700 Scratch in a hot second. Also, I thought you were looking into offering completes as a way to make them more competitive.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Oh well, it was a fun dream while it lasted.

tardcore
    We'll always have the Spot, kid.

mtbr member
    It's a sad day.

mtbr member
    What?... I thought the long travel, do it all was the "it" bike right now. (well maybe $2900 is a little steep) but still tons of people would have still bought it. The longer the wait the more they're just going to buy up the scratch, uzzi, sx t, even Knolly DT(talk about an expensive frame). Oh well, the thought of the 2010 RFX was fun while it lasted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes

DT
    Wow, nothing like getting an answer direct from the source!

How many frames would you need to sell in order to consider a run?

Is there any way you'd consider changing the parameters to 8.5 pounds and $2200 retail? Would that make a difference?

I do understand there are not many frames in this category, so there must be a reason for it. Knolly Delirium?

tardcore
    May just be this crappy economy, no mater what people say it's awful and a bike like the RFX that could have been subsidized by the sales of the rest of the line may be feeling the pinch. Small businesses could use a little Stimulus about now.

mtbr member

Sad Day

Sad day for Turner and the riders waiting on this bike. Times must be tough. Hopefully Turner can weather the storm are still be around in two years. Good luck guys.

p.s. $2900 for an AM frame is just rediculous

switchback sculptor
    mondays suck, total weaksausage...
    would have been a ripper!

mtbr member
    Did the DHR sell better than the RFX historically?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Disappointing to hear . . .

mtbr member
    Well I'm sorta suprised at this announcement. While I may have bought one of my bikes as a placeholder, it's turned into my favorite and probably isn't all that different from what the RFX would have been. The RFX was going to be my next bike, but it's really taking a long time. Now this... Well Mr. Turner, I will say you were very kind at 'the big show' and hopefully if you do decide to make some, mine will be an XL and you remember that I begged you to make it with a full 1.5 headtube... A 160mm 'six spot' might be fun too.

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    May 2004

I call a bluff !

I call he's bluffing. People have been going nuts waiting for this bike. The big thing that I have learned from these boards is the rabid loyalty of the Turner clan. I have no doubt that they would sell. I've never owned a Turner but was keeping my eye out for the RFX when it did come out. If the bike is that good then I would pay for it!

Chris

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Bummer, DT. But your argument makes way too much sense. And I was starting to think about what to replace my Y2K vintage RFX with for lift and shuttle service riding. Hmmmm... May have to look at the Firebird now.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    A 160mm 'six spot' might be fun too.
    I'd be happy even with a 140mm AM version of a Spot, as long is it is slackened out to 66/67 head angle and lower BB height.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    well it's good for me as my highline keeps it's dollar for a good while longer!
    Dt will do a bike when he and the market are ready and viable, have you learned nothing from his posts over the years?

Yes, that's fonetic
    Glad I picked up a HL before that bomb dropped. Gonna be some seriously bunched up panties over this...

mtbr member
    Maybe it's time to go aboard?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    hey whoda, if the panties look like this then i aint bothered!

mtbr member
    ah fuggin A !

I knew I should have kept my RFX

j/k I call bluff too

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Honestly, I am guessing this is the reason that Ventana is liquidating the 6" Terremoto and 7" Bruja...just not enough market to sustain them at 2200 a piece.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast