mtbr member

2008 DHR Large Continues To Impress! (PICS Inside!)

This bike just got some new brakes, tires, and wider handlebars that lock me into the cockpit like a glove. The bike is really pinning it now with big bad brakes, an 08 WC AIR fork and the 08 DHX 5.0. I can't believe that this thing soaks up what it does!

I stand behind this frame for the long run this beast has what it takes to rip any trail in two and get you through the roughest sections you never thought you'd be able to make.

You can catch a glimpse of me racing down the waterfall section in the recent Fontana race in this youtube video. Check it out here and watch at 5:55 to see the DHR and me in action. The bike makes the most difficult decents seem easy!

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    Last edited by FlyingIrish; 04-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Ride it like you won't get another chance.

trail fairy
    Hear that, what brakes, bars tires did ya add FlyingIrish? I'm still dialing in my fork on my 09 DHR, got the DHXc sorted and I hear ya, I'm still building back up but when I do drop the hammer she rips better the faster ya go, very impressed by how it takes hits roots sharp edge hits with no problems, I'm just trying to get confident on the front for feel of what it will do in any situtation which is more me than the fork, I think I got it about 85% dialed now I got my spring rate about right, started on the stiff spring now dropped back to std and way better, much happier, hope to head out for a trail build and rip this weekend with the big flying German

Can;t see ya vid my connection is too slow

Keep enjoying that DHR
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    I put on avid codes and they are doing the trick. Also added some low rise 750mm bars and specialized Downhill rubber. The thing is on rails now

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIrish
    I put on avid codes and they are doing the trick. Also added some low rise 750mm bars and specialized Downhill rubber. The thing is on rails now
    Picc's bro picc'sor it didn't happen, we have to show the DHR much love its all XC around here usually

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    There ya go matey!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That polished crown looks rad.

Also, invest in the push cart for that fork, it'll make it feel alot better, super easy to install and it will ride a million times better.

trail fairy
    Wow dude ya DHR is looking absolutely sick

Wikid looking bars ?? and Stem looks massive and stiff what are they?

Chur

What Will said love ya bottom crown, see ya running the drop crown up top though? should be able to run the low crown any reasons, slacker ride setup?

Love the red rims with the deep grey, stunning

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    The stem is from Po1nt One Racing. (http://www.pointoneracing.com/)

Yeah you know I actually have the low crown, for some reason I can't get it to fit on there and still allow for the full travel of the fork. I think the polished lower crown might hang down a bit farther than the black crown does and as a result and I have to run the drop upper crown. I have the black lower too but the steer tube was cut for a small DHR and it doesn't fit into my large with room to clamp it down. So that's why its like that. Can a new steer tube be attached to a lower crown? Is that possible?

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    Get off the first green! El Camino CC Right?
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

mtbr member
    Hah! I can't believe you recognized it! Yeah thats El Camino, I'm staying in the extended stay and have a view of that golf course from my room! Are you planning on riding today? I would be down to roll with you I've got the DHR and a blur fourcross and right now I can't drive my truck due to some old insurance lapse and blah blah blah.... but anyways let me know if you wanna ride today I'd be stoked to jump in and help with gas and whatever else.

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    Hah! I can't believe you recognized it! Yeah thats El Camino, I'm staying in the extended stay and have a view of that golf course from my room! Are you planning on riding today? I would be down to roll with you I've got the DHR and a blur fourcross and right now I can't drive my truck due to some old insurance lapse and blah blah blah.... but anyways let me know if you wanna ride today I'd be stoked to jump in and help with gas and whatever else.

haha yeah im a golfer first and MTB'r second. Thanks for the offer to ride today, but its "date day" with the lady friend.
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

trail fairy
    The stem is from Po1nt One Racing. (http://www.pointoneracing.com/)

Yeah you know I actually have the low crown, for some reason I can't get it to fit on there and still allow for the full travel of the fork. I think the polished lower crown might hang down a bit farther than the black crown does and as a result and I have to run the drop upper crown. I have the black lower too but the steer tube was cut for a small DHR and it doesn't fit into my large with room to clamp it down. So that's why its like that. Can a new steer tube be attached to a lower crown? Is that possible?
    Ah I think the steerer tubes can be replaced for RS [Boxxer] so I'd check it out at ya local if ya need it done, otherwise no worris just was curious as to why, if it works then my motto is don't fix it

That stem looks so much bootyer than online piccs have shown, ah love the golf course that was well spotted, I was mesmerized by that ya front lawn so well groomed I didn't look beyond the bike at the fairway, would never have picked the actual gold course well done that man that's skillz even if ya a golfer

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs