mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2007 RFX (or inexpensive 2006 RFX)?

When is the 2007 RFX really coming out? Does anyone have the specs/geometry for it? I'd like to compare it to the 2006. How much lighter is it going to be? Any change in BB height and HA?

Chad at Redbarn has some 2006 RFXs that he will sell at a really good price but it it worth waiting for the 2007? It's definitely worth the price( $1,100 or maybe a bit less) but I would like to compare the 2007 to the 2006 first and see if the only change is a bit of weight.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    2006 for sure....my 2 cents anyway. Personally, even at the same price I would go with the 06 (for geometry reasons in particular and the slightly more robust build) but at this discrepant price, an absolute no brainer. If you are looking for a better climber than why not a 5 Spot...if you are looking for a robust 6" travel bike, the 06 RFX, though I am sure the 07 is stout too....just not "as" stout.

Chad's shipment of 8 RFXs represents that last from Turner so jump on it!

Displaying UGI Symptoms
    Agree with FO here. The 06 price is a steal! That extra 1000 bucks could buy you some NICE components!
    [SIZE="3"]24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
    - Stephen Wright
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I agree....I'd go with the 2006. I just got one myself (not from Redbarn). I see the 2007 more as a 6-spot. More of a 6" trail bike than a 6" lite FR bike.

I believe it's supposed to be .5 lb lighter than the 2006....but the top tube is also shorter (not understanding the reasoning in this). Either way.....you'd get a Turner....so nothing to complain about.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    the ride quality of the '07 is impressive as hell. im on the list for a jan delivery. theres a ton of info on it if ya care to go find it. dt has posted geo and many '05/'06 owners have made better comparisons than i can. i think yer lookin at just under a 3/4lb diff but thats not yet final, b/bkt is a tad lower and the h/a is a touch steeper makin it a more flickable bike. the closeout price is way hard to ignore but then again so is a better ridin bike. turner promises no decrease in longevity or strength. for me, thats a no brainer but i understand fos point too.
    No, I'm NOT back!

i think the thought prosses on the shorter t/t was dt felt too long a stem was bein used so he took some extra meat out of it. or somethin.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Team Sanchez
    I've been on an 07 RFX for about a month now, after having ridden an 05 6-pack. I've been hucking my 07 pretty hard, and so far so good. The geometry does not feel much different than my 05, but I'm not really sensitive to those minor differences anyway. But, the 05/06 RFX's are a sweet ride for sure. If money is tight, go for the 06. You won't regret it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bodhisattva
    El C,
    Now that you've had more time on them, how are you liking the Code brakes?
    Life....the original terminal illness

Team Sanchez
    They are spectacular. Even Crash, who has his Juicy's dialed, commented on how powerful the Codes are. The power gain over the mechanicals that I used to run is significant. I experience a lot less arm pump than I used to.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    I experience a lot less arm pump than I used to.
    Nancy-Boy!

(just feeling sad, having lost my main big-guy Avid Mech compatriot)

Kosmo
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by murphie
    Agree with FO here. The 06 price is a steal! That extra 1000 bucks could buy you some NICE components!
    indeed.....your budget RFX would be sweet!

El C would know....

having said that, he is not nearly as manly as I am at a buck and three quarters (all muscle). he also does not have have an ultimate tandem trail a bike used to tow kids which put way more stress on a frame than Team Sanchez could ever dream of thus, my choice of the 06.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    They are spectacular. Even Crash, who has his Juicy's dialed, commented on how powerful the Codes are. The power gain over the mechanicals that I used to run is significant. I experience a lot less arm pump than I used to.
    Guys, not to hijack the thread, ; I've recently acquired a set of formula K24 brakes; they are very nice. Incredible power, good modulation, light weight. I'm pleased with them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Guys, not to hijack the thread, ; I've recently acquired a set of formula K24 brakes; they are very nice. Incredible power, good modulation, light weight. I'm pleased with them so far.
    they do look nice, but not heavy enough

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    they do look nice, but not heavy enough
    Fo' I make up the weight difference you seek by actually having a decent sized set of 'Nads.

Living the Dream

Are you sure about the Head Angle?

Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    i think yer lookin at just under a 3/4lb diff but thats not yet final, b/bkt is a tad lower and the h/a is a touch steeper makin it a more flickable bike.
    It seems that Krispy's Bike is a little slacker than the 06s.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

banned
    I wonder how many of these TE is going to buy to take apart and help develop his new 6" trailbike.

fried stuff with cheese
    Called RedBarn they only have Lg+ sizes.
    Does anyone know of any dealers with a medium in stock? I have a buddy looking for one.
    Should I just call Turner??
    Egg

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    When is the 2007 RFX really coming out? Does anyone have the specs/geometry for it? I'd like to compare it to the 2006. How much lighter is it going to be? Any change in BB height and HA?
    Check the link below for LG RFX geometries - 06 v. 07. The production frames may come in just a bit lighter (??) than what I have listed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MCM# 2007.1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotiki
    Does anyone know of any dealers with a medium in stock? I have a buddy looking for one.
    I was at Go-Ride a couple of weeks ago and they had some 6 Pack frames hanging on the wall but I don't remember what sizes they had. Too bad Chad didn't have your size as he is excellent to deal with.

i thought i was right but spots chart below says differently. maybe im wrong or it got changed.
    No, I'm NOT back!

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotiki
    Locotiki, check your PMs...

~dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

PSI
    I want that one
    [QUOTE=SilverSpot]Check the link below for LG RFX geometries - 06 v. 07. The production frames may come in just a bit lighter (??) than what I have listed.[/QUOTE

Other than weight and travel, from looking at that chart, seems like the significant changes are the seat tube angle (better climbing), shorter wheel base and top tube (more flickable) and shorter seat tube (seat can be lowered more when needed).

Its funny that the only complaints I ever heard about the 6 pack/rfx were those 3 by a local bike mag here in Israel. Guess they deserve a tip of the hat, at the time i figured they're idiots...

banned
    Wanna get high?