Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2006/2007 flux

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2006/2007 flux

Whats is the difference between an 2006 and a 2007 flux frame?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Whats is the difference between an 2006 and a 2007 flux frame?

Thanks
    The 07 has a nitrous rear.

mtbr member
    i.e. a little lighter and asymmetrical chanstays I believe.

mtbr member
    its the 08 model that has the lighter rear end with asymmetrical stays + bottom shock mount on the downtube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    its the 08 model that has the lighter rear end with asymmetrical stays + bottom shock mount on the downtube.

mtbr member

One fast bike!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by velo bum
    The 07 has a nitrous rear.
    lolol, that's the RFXC with the Nitrous rear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    [QUOTE=norcosam]Whats is the difference between an 2006 and a 2007 flux frame?

Nothing, 06's 07's are identical both have "Faux" [TNT] four bar rears. 05's are the same but came with a true Horst link rear [Four bar]. 08's Have a new asymmetrical faux bar rear and a new triangulated shock mount [like the Spot] All are great.

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Also, it's worth mentioning that the lighter TNT, rear aside from being asymmetrical, has extra machining around the rocker pivot. It is ~3/8 of a lb. lighter.

_Michael
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    '06's were annoed and had a stick on head badge, '07's were powder coated and had the new screw on badge. i think the 07 also saw a change to the lower shock mount movin it from the seat tube to the down tube. the later models got the stiffer new rockers. thats the end of it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks.

I have just brought an 06 flux frame as my winter ride/xc bike ,and hopefully in a few months will order my nicolai helius fr as a play bike.
    Is it ok to run 120/125mm forks on the front was thinking about fox or manitou?
    I have an xt chainset ,x9 shifters/mech.Thomson seatpost and stem.easton xc carbon bars.And my industry nine wheelset,just ordered a chris king headset(mango) and now need to sort out brakes,was thinking the new style hope with 183 front and rear, floating disks and braided hoses but might buy another set of formulas( i have the ones already).

Are these frames good for xc and light trail riding or can they do a bit more than that.I am quite heavy at 16stone so cant run stupidly light components but i am hoping for about 29lbs fully built.

if i had a nickle....

1 dedicated 120mm fork on a flux will slacken it out and in my opinion, ruin the feel on anything but goin down. if yer not thinkin travel adjust in the 80 - 120 range, yer missin out on all this fine frame has to offer. otherwise stick with a 100mm fork.

its perfect as a xc, light trail and endurance race bike and not by coincidence as thats how dt designed it. build it and treat it like a 5" trail rig and you will break it.

i hope this helps.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    if i had a nickle....

1 dedicated 120mm fork on a flux will slacken it out and in my opinion, ruin the feel on anything but goin down. if yer not thinkin travel adjust in the 80 - 120 range, yer missin out on all this fine frame has to offer. otherwise stick with a 100mm fork.

its perfect as a xc, light trail and endurance race bike and not by coincidence as thats how dt designed it. build it and treat it like a 5" trail rig and you will break it.

i hope this helps.
    what he said - I have a 09 reba on a 08 flux and at 120mm the steering is slow and the front end wanders on the climbs really screwing up the geometry - the extra 20mm seems to offer little benefit on the downhills and screw with the climbing and overall handling...it definitely doesn't counter steer like a ducatti with a 120mm fork! whether it be a Flux, Spot or RFX in my experience I always prefer a fork with the DT prescribed A-C

mtbr member
    I have a Talas on my 08 Flux and run it in the 120mm setting with no problems!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    I have a Talas on my 08 Flux and run it in the 120mm setting with no problems!
    clearly you are a better rider than me.....

steep uphill technical stuff that I can clean no problem at 100mm becomes a chore for me at 120mm - plus when I am on buffer faster trails I find the steering too slow....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    clearly you are a better rider than me.....

steep uphill technical stuff that I can clean no problem at 100mm becomes a chore for me at 120mm - plus when I am on buffer faster trails I find the steering too slow....
    I also have a 08 Spot with a 36 talas that i run at 130mm most of the time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks everyone.
    Think i will buy forks that are travel adjustable between 120 and 100mm and try them for myself.I am thinking fox talas's they should be very good for xc.
    Is there anything else i should know about the frame?

i ran a '04 talus rlc on mine and liked it alot but found i only needed 1 fork. 2 was hard to manage at the same time and twice as expensive.

1 more thing about the flux. its a fockin blast! enjoy.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Just went thru the same process on a Flux build

Went with a Fox F100 RLC (big surprize) for my "ghetto" Flux I'm building up. If you want to try 100/120mm on a Flux, just get a Fox F120, you can always drop it to 100mm if you don't like 120mm. Cheaper/less potential maintenence than a Talas, unless you need on the fly travel adjustment.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just brought a set of second hand talas rl's they should do the trick.All i need is my brakes,i am thinking hope or formula.
    Just looked through the flux thread.Blimey some of you are light,and so is your bike.Think they would disintegrate if i sat on them.

peolpe lie. some more than others. the rest are very very rich.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I know what you are saying.Some must have spent many thousands of £/$ to get them to that low a weight .Seems to vary alot with not to different a build.Any thing less than 30lbs and i will be happy.

my med w/ full xtr, revos, valiants, talus rlc and bb-7's was at a honest 27lbs. compare that to the rest and do some math. not that the avids and fox were light but they sure as hell arent 4 lbs more than a xt bike with hopes and a rl 100. never the less, it was faster than a home schooled teen with a full bladder and the only mens room in sight is at a brothel on half price day.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just brought a second hand pair of formula oro k24's( i have the bleed kit already for the ones) 180 front and 160 rear.Thats it i have just about everything now.Will hopefully build it this weekend and will post a picture.

sounds like ya did well. its cool how much bike ya can build if yer careful and a little lucky. i did the same thing recently and ended up with a killer bike and a damn respectable spec for surprisingly little cash outlay.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast