JRR
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

2005 Flux tnt or horst

Looking at getting a flux for sale owner claims its a tnt.Just wanting to know if this is correct and how it would handle a 240lbs rider doing cc riding.Also want to use 120mm fork.Will it stress the headtube junction or should I use a100mm.Thanks

No, that's not phonetic
    Is there any chance you could get a pic of the bike? Seems like a pretty standard thing.

I thought the TNT stuff came out in 2006. It was in the fall of one of those years, so an exact model year is hard to pinpoint.

At some point Turner changed the front triangles a bit to extend the rocker pivot weld farther down the seat tube, and moved the lower shock mount from the bottom of the seat tube to the seat/down tube junction at the BB. At 240 pounds buying an older model, I would look for the slightly updated design. Early rockers were also quite thin and the notch for the shock valve caused some issues.

Here is an example of the front triangle I am talking about:

3... 2... 1...

JRR
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks,Thats what I was thinking.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JRR
    Looking at getting a flux for sale owner claims its a tnt.Just wanting to know if this is correct and how it would handle a 240lbs rider doing cc riding.Also want to use 120mm fork.Will it stress the headtube junction or should I use a100mm.Thanks
    05' was last year for HorstLink. How tall are you? You may want to consider a 29er if you are on the taller side.

mtbr member
    A brief Flux history is as follows:

First batch of frames came out in late 2004 (2005 models)

2005 are HL. In early 2005 large and extra large frames had an additional bracket welded to the seat tube under the rocker pivot.

2006 same front tri, rear end was TNT

2007 Same as 2006.

2008 Revised front tri with the shock pickup moved to the downtube as the seat posts cracked where the shock mount welded to them. TNT rear end is now asymmetrical with a straight non drive chainstay. Rockers were also beefed up a bit.

If its anything but a 2008 frame I'd look carefully for cracks on the seat tube along the top of the weld for the shock mount. Its a common failure point.

The rear end front all the pre DW Flux frames is interchangable so you can put a HL rear on a 08 frame for example.
    More bikes than you can point a broken spoke at...

JRR
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks,TD its been listed for sale as an 2005 but must be 06 cause the pivot is on the seat stay.