Thread: 1999 O2 Report

mtbr member

1999 O2 Report

Beautiful. Just freakin' beautiful.

Well, the paint is worn and the shifters are shot, but that's just normal wear and tear.

Had a shifting problem when I first got it. EVENtually figured out it was the bad-from-the-factory middle chainring (XT).

Last year it creaked a little. Fixed that with a snug of the Horst pivot bolt.

That's it. Now I don't ride a million miles a year, but I do compete modestly--and this was my competition ride the first two years. Now I ride SS mostly--and unless the trail has some beetchin DH or is mondo long--I ride a single gear HT. And when I do take the Turner out--I don't shift much. That's why I'm in no hurry to fix the shifters. Pick a gear and ride it is what I do.

Never rebuilt, lubed now and again with Prep M. Ridden in TN hills as well as GA muck (Helen) and WV monster muck--with mountains (Snowshoe). Still tight, smooth, and quiet.

AND despite all the "buzz" at the time, the Fox Vanilla Float RC is still holding air, just like it did on day one.

Even thought it doesn't get a ton of riding time these days, I doubt I'll sell it. It's just too damn sweet when you need it.

That's a FIVE-year-old bike I'm bragging on. Think about that if you're considering one.

Thanks Dave.
    Last edited by WadePatton; 01-29-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. W.C. Fields