mtbr member
    Jun 2009

1.5 angled HS on Spot?

Hey guys,

Looking for any experience or opinions on running a 1.5 angled HS on a 11' Spot. I upgraded a couple months ago from a 44 RC3 to a Lyric U-turn, but I'm still rocking the same hs with an external bottom cup thus raising the bb and slacking it out a bit. I'm wanting to get the bb lower to spec, but keep it slack. Anyway, I'm thinking about running a Works 1.5 angled hs zs(semi integrated). I definitely want to go at least 1 deg, but thought 1.5 might be pretty fun. Too much?

mtbr member
    don't think it'd be too much. that was the set up i had on my spot frame before i sold it and went with a chili instead. i was trying to bring the spot into banshee spitfire territory. low slack bikes are way fun.

works was great to deal with as well. shipping was decently quick and the price is more than fair.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    don't think it'd be too much. that was the set up i had on my spot frame before i sold it and went with a chili instead. i was trying to bring the spot into banshee spitfire territory. low slack bikes are way fun.

works was great to deal with as well. shipping was decently quick and the price is more than fair.
    I've been debating the whole Chili thing, but my Spot is perfect for all the local trails I ride in SoCal and I'm thinking about saving my funds for a DHR next year. So, I might be outfitting my Spot soon with an angled hs and a dropper post when the Thomson's are released.

Do you recall how low the the bb was and what actual HA you achieved ? did you have plenty of pedal strikes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhynohead View Post
    I've been debating the whole Chili thing, but my Spot is perfect for all the local trails I ride in SoCal and I'm thinking about saving my funds for a DHR next year. So, I might be outfitting my Spot soon with an angled hs and a dropper post when the Thomson's are released.

Do you recall how low the the bb was and what actual HA you achieved ? did you have plenty of pedal strikes?
    i actually bought the frame on sale and never even built it up. i had wanted a chili but the spot deal was good so i pulled the trigger, but soon after got a great deal on a chili so flipped the spot.

as far as pedal strikes, i was coming off a banshee spitfire and had a few with it, but it's easy to adjust your pedalling to compensate and the low bb is worth the odd strike as a low bb imho just is more fun

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by rhynohead View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking for any experience or opinions on running a 1.5 angled HS on a 11' Spot. I upgraded a couple months ago from a 44 RC3 to a Lyric U-turn, but I'm still rocking the same hs with an external bottom cup thus raising the bb and slacking it out a bit. I'm wanting to get the bb lower to spec, but keep it slack. Anyway, I'm thinking about running a Works 1.5 angled hs zs(semi integrated). I definitely want to go at least 1 deg, but thought 1.5 might be pretty fun. Too much?
    Kidwoo runs a 1.5 works headset on his 11 spot, try to talk to him if you can. I know he says it works great for him.
    Low and slack is good!

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    Need to ask.... What is a chili?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fachiro1 View Post
    Need to ask.... What is a chili?
    A Knolly Chilcotin.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    So, I'm gonna order the 1.5 hs. Can someone verify the ht length of a medium 2011 5 spot. Turner site list the new medium Spot's as 4.5 inches. Just want to make sure there wasn't a change between years.
    I wanna make sure set 2: 109-115mm, 4.4-4.53" is the right size I order from the Works site. My hs measured approx 4.5, but I can't get the exact measurement with the lwr headset on there, can't verify the end of the ht. Thanks