Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

09 Turner 5 Spot Refurb - Piccies

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  aaiinsd 
#1 ·
I never did like the blue it came as (but it was cheap), so after 2 years decided that a re-fresh was called for, so here it is, both front and rear triangle painted and lacquered satin Black, a great job and a 'big up' for Fastline coatings in Preston Lancashire, England, super work.

Decided that 1 x 10 was not for me and so have bitten the bullet and gone 2 x 10. New XTR front Mech , New Arch EX rims on pro2 evo hubs and a new 2 x MRP chain device and a XT Chainset

Just needs some '5 spot' decals for the TT and we are sorted for the next 2 years. :thumbsup: (or until another upgrade is purchased, which will probably be before the months out) ;)

P1040761 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040765 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040763 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040764 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040762 by eastham_david, on Flickr

thanks for looking

Dave

See less See more
#4 ·
Mrp?

Looks great, I've got almost the same project with an '09 5-Spot (a blue one!). Just had a question on how the 2x10 setup is working out and specifically the MRP. I'm always a little nervous about bottom bracket/friction mounted guides. Would like to know how it's working for you.

Thanks!

#6 ·
that shock doesn't hit the frame at full compression? the piggyback is huge and i was under the impression that the pre '10 frames could only take a very limited amount of piggyback shocks. i have a van rc and the piggyback is smaller but it doesn't look there's room for much more.

#9 ·
Just had a question on how the 2x10 setup is working out and specifically the MRP. I'm always a little nervous about bottom bracket/friction mounted guides. Would like to know how it's working for you.
The friction BB mounted chain device works a treat. I had a Gamut with my 2 x 9 set up and that was great as well.

looks good, can I ask how much $ with shipping it cost you
It cost £70, no shipping costs as the Powder coater is local.

that shock doesn't hit the frame at full compression? the piggyback is huge and i was under the impression that the pre '10 frames could only take a very limited amount of piggyback shocks. i have a van rc and the piggyback is smaller but it doesn't look there's room for much more.
The shock dos not hit the downtube, neither did my Van R one either. I have tried both shocks with no air in the RS and no spring in the van R and they are close but they do not touch.

#10 ·
very nice, going to put a pushed plus on my 11 spot soon. while your at the refurbish you may want to replace the seat stay rocker clevis bolts. Turner has updated those with a newer more stout version. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.