mtbr member
    Jan 2006

09 Turner 5 Spot Refurb - Piccies

I never did like the blue it came as (but it was cheap), so after 2 years decided that a re-fresh was called for, so here it is, both front and rear triangle painted and lacquered satin Black, a great job and a ‘big up’ for Fastline coatings in Preston Lancashire, England, super work.

Decided that 1 x 10 was not for me and so have bitten the bullet and gone 2 x 10. New XTR front Mech , New Arch EX rims on pro2 evo hubs and a new 2 x MRP chain device and a XT Chainset

Just needs some ‘5 spot’ decals for the TT and we are sorted for the next 2 years. (or until another upgrade is purchased, which will probably be before the months out)

P1040761 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040765 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040763 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040764 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040762 by eastham_david, on Flickr

thanks for looking

Dave

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Great looking ride and a nice build you got there. Looks speedy

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Looks great

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Mrp?

Looks great, I've got almost the same project with an '09 5-Spot (a blue one!). Just had a question on how the 2x10 setup is working out and specifically the MRP. I'm always a little nervous about bottom bracket/friction mounted guides. Would like to know how it's working for you.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    looks good, can I ask how much $ with shipping it cost you.

GAME ON!
    that shock doesn't hit the frame at full compression? the piggyback is huge and i was under the impression that the pre '10 frames could only take a very limited amount of piggyback shocks. i have a van rc and the piggyback is smaller but it doesn't look there's room for much more.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    that shock doesn't hit the frame at full compression? the piggyback is huge and i was under the impression that the pre '10 frames could only take a very limited amount of piggyback shocks. i have a van rc and the piggyback is smaller but it doesn't look there's room for much more.
    I'm on a Medium 09/10 Spot and have used a DHX 5 Coil (with the BO knob removed) and now using a Monarch RC3. The fit is tight but I've yet to experience the piggyback hitting the downtube.

GAME ON!
    right, but it appears that the monarch piggyback is much bigger and that is a small frame.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just had a question on how the 2x10 setup is working out and specifically the MRP. I'm always a little nervous about bottom bracket/friction mounted guides. Would like to know how it's working for you.

The friction BB mounted chain device works a treat. I had a Gamut with my 2 x 9 set up and that was great as well.

looks good, can I ask how much $ with shipping it cost you
    It cost £70, no shipping costs as the Powder coater is local.

The shock dos not hit the downtube, neither did my Van R one either. I have tried both shocks with no air in the RS and no spring in the van R and they are close but they do not touch.

mtbr member
    very nice, going to put a pushed plus on my 11 spot soon. while your at the refurbish you may want to replace the seat stay rocker clevis bolts. Turner has updated those with a newer more stout version.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Did they include a new bushing kit with the refresh? Seems that they would need to take them our for the sand blasting and repaint. Can't imagine they would put the old ones back in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I removed the bushes before i took it to the powder coaters. They masked all of the bush areas of and then coated it.

I then re-installed all the bushes when they had caoted it. The bushes were perfect so no need to replace.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Really nice looking ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    sweet ride i have an 09 5 spot and was wondering how much was the new powder coat as i might do mine .
    trlridr

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The cost was £70

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Does anyone know where to get custom Turner decals?