mtbr member
    Dec 2005

'09 Pre 44mm HT DW Headtube top trim?

Hey guys, anyone out there trim the top of the headtube and know the total cup insertion depth available. Just so I don't have to pull it apart right now. I want to trim the top 7mm, since it looks ungainly and will give me more spacer options. Oh and I have a Works Components eccentric degree slacker headset on a 1 1/8th headtube(extrnal cups) and I am at the max range of ht height so its not quite 1 degree change but cut 7mm and it will be at the minimum of the range and max angle avaliable. Any info would be great thanks. Oh, its a large frame.
    Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '09 Pre 44mm HT DW Headtube top trim?-web-800x478-.jpg  

GAME ON!
    i'd want dave turner to come in and give an answer to this.

however, i've seen in your other post that you have it at 67.5 HA with one offset shock reducer. if you pop another reducer in the top you'll get another .75 degrees.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah but he swingarm was jsut kissing the seattube with one so I took off a hair on the swingarm web to stop it from contacting at full bottom out. They (Greg)said I could do it if it looks like sufficient wall was left I just didn't want to take the cup out and then hav eto clock it again when installing if it was a no.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by suspman View Post
    Yeah but he swingarm was jsut kissing the seattube with one so I took off a hair on the swingarm web to stop it from contacting at full bottom out.
    how is that possible? i have top and bottom on mine and it's not even close.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Idk but it does and I was bummed to have to ride it in Tahoe like that. Its an 09 front and 11 rear I think. It's a warranty frame so some variables showed up it seems.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Anyone got a pic iside the top of the head tube of an 09 DW 5.Spot? Looking for a depth of upper cup ID insertion dimension.

mtbr member
    just measured the butted section on the top of the head tube and it measures 17mm.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sweet! You the man Kreater! That's internal of course, right? And an 09?

mtbr member
    internal yes, 09 yes.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe