mtbr member

'08 Highline Sizing - Please Help!

Sorry for another one of these threads; did a search but couldn't find anyone of a similar height to me. Am 5'10" [and about 165 lbs] so right on the cusp of a medium or large. Will be using this bike for AM/FR (so some pedaling), and plan to add a DHR for more DH-style runs. Upgrading from Cannondales (Prophet/Judge) in case anyone's wondering.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Aloha, I will be out the door on my 08 this morning, but to give you a similar height I am 5'11 ish when standing straight. 5'10 after DH/DJ throwdowns! I run a MEDIUM ( I prefer the compact stability to whip the bike with body english as needed) .BUT Sizing comes as a personal thing IMHO. I say this because I have raced with a buddy who is 5'5 and fast as chettah running a medium as well. HE prefers the length to "rudder" the bike , If you ever ridden a Dirt Bike (yes motor) you will see there is really no sizing "frame wize"
    (motor wize there is due to engine displacement 80/125/250cc and yada yada..)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sorry Man ! I forgot I weigh 178-185 when on Race dayz, and 190-195 training ( camel back/axe/multi tool) 2008 Fox 5.0 coil PUSHED/ Marzocchi ROCCO NON-PUSHED when training. Rollin on the TOTEM held up by the King. IF you are planning to DH and DJ stay on a medium at Similar heights I feel you will have plenty of room, and will carve tighter and slice with sharpness. BUT That is what I think! ( I wish someone had helped me when I was sizing, but I went with my experience, and Lucky it paid off!!) Happy as a pig in mud and hope I have helped you, YES I am the same height taller if I stand up Straight just weigh more and LOVE MY MEDIUM>>

mtbr member
    Thanks; style-wise, I do prefer a tight cockpit (for the usage of this bike), but don't want to be cramped obviously. A medium sounds the way to go; just want to be sure!