Thread: 08 DHR Linkage

mtbr member

08 DHR Linkage

Just built up my 08 DHR and to my dismay there is play in the linkage. WTF?! Looks like the needle bearing at the link to the rear triangle is the culprit. I had the same issues on my 04 DHR. Anyone have the same issue and what did you do to resolve it? I haven't even ridden this mamjama yet and it's got play....can't say that i'm really surprised jus dissapointed. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Less Talk More Rock

Equal opportunity meanie
    Did you try tightening it and greasing it? Are you talking about the main pivot or the push-link?

mtbr member
    It's the push link. It's greased and tight. The side to side tightness should not affect the up and down play that is doing. I belive the reducer that goes thru the needle bearing is probably wrong in diameter. Same issue I had on my old DHR. I would put in a new bushing kit and have play after the 1day of shredding. I can shim the reducer but that is more of a bandaid. I'm not sold on needle bearings. They suck balls IMO.
    Less Talk More Rock

Hisforever
    Mine too...Still havent opened it up but, I talked with Jarrat about this. He said to unbolt the link and inspect to make sure the pieces are secure. Then try to lube and make sure the parts are intact properly before reassembly. If it still has play, Turner will send a replacement part that works.
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Thanks SHABEEB...calling him right now.
    Less Talk More Rock