Is flexy

07 highline suspension help

I am picking up an 07 highline in a few weeks and had a question about the rear suspension. I weigh 165-170lbs and am not sure what rear spring to run. I have a 450 lb ti spring that will fir the 8.5 inch eye to eye shock on the '07 but i'm thinking it might be a bit too heavy. I also have a chance to get a 400 lb ti spring but it is for a 8.75x2.75 shock...can i run this on the shorted specd shock of the 07 highline? I would think it would fit the slightly shorter shock and I know the ti spring i have now runs "a little shorter" than a steel spring of the same rate and size. any help would be great, thanks

Hisforever
    Stoked for you and the new highline comin your way.

Both springs should work. Turner would probably suggest you are a 400 or 450, in the end, it is rider preference. I am almost 100% sure the 2.75" spring will work. I'm about to throw a 350x3.0" stroke spring on the 8.5"x2.5 avy I have on mine. The 350x3.0 lb spring should be a tight fit, but hopefully it will give the ride desired. good-times on a highline...
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Mine is 400 steel and I'm 172 pounds and it's perfect. Stock was 500 and wasn't good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm rockin a 450 and I weigh 200lbs. 1/2 turn of preload and its ready to roll!

Committed
    The spring weight will depend on the shock as well. I ran a 400 on a Rocco and felt it was to soft for decent pedaling, but very plush decending. On a 5th or a Swinger a 400 feels great, I liked a 450 on a DHX. I weigh about 160.

Edit: I ran the 8.5x2.5 shock

Is flexy
    that is a good point soulrider...I am running my 450 lb spring on a swinger 6-way on my current bike but would be using the dhx on the HL. maybe i might stick with the 450 instead of grabbing the 400 because I am for sure going ot run the dhx. This bike will mostly be used for resort riding/freeride too...not sure if that changes anything.

Is flexy
    got bored at work and tried to order the highline today rather than wait until I actually have the money (thank god for visa). Sucks to find out they ('07) won't be available until spring time and the 06's are sold out, but atleast that is right around tax return time. not too fond on my color choices of blue or polished but I'll live. I am still going to gather all the parts needed and ride the hell out of my bike I have now.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    got bored at work and tried to order the highline today rather than wait until I actually have the money (thank god for visa). Sucks to find out they ('07) won't be available until spring time and the 06's are sold out, but atleast that is right around tax return time. not too fond on my color choices of blue or polished but I'll live. I am still going to gather all the parts needed and ride the hell out of my bike I have now.
    Did you call Turner? They might know of a hidden stash.... worth a shot.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    I'm running a 450lbs Ti spring on mine for strictly DH with a little freeriding thrown in. I weigh probably 190lbs with gear on and I'm running the shorter shock.

PS: when you say njhc are you talking like fury of five, nj bloodline, etc... etc... ???
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Is flexy
    FM...Called Turner directly and no dice but I'm gonna call the sales rep for the shop i used to work at tomorrow and try to give him a deposit or something so I can be the cool kid who gets it before everyone else. I'm not good at waiting.

Coma...you are correct on the njhc stuff and based on your experience with the bike do you think i'll be ok with a 450 spring, i'm guessing I'm 175 or so with gear on. I feel like for freeride and some dh stuff (not racing or anything) that the 400lb spring might be too soft but I'm not sure. I fit right between the spring rates. I have the 450 so i'll ptob just run that with very little preload.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    You'd be fine with the 450 I'd think... I ran the 500 and it worked well, I just wanted it to be a little softer off the top, I'm getting more sag and WAY more traction now and I haven't noticed it bottoming badly or anything, all the same road gaps and stuff I'd hit w/ the 500lbs. spring felt just fine... It's hard for me to judge anything though because right now my bike is set up with a practically rigid fork (so stiff I can get maybe 4" of travel max...)
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.