mtbr member
    Dec 2006

'06 RFX rocker arm upgrade?

I am just seeing if anyone has done this yet.

Has anyone tried throwing an 08 rfx rocker onto an 06 rfx? An extra .4 inches? Is it worth it? Would it work? Can I still use the same DHX 5.0 coil?

Thanks!

~John

mtbr member
    Even if it fit and did not create interference with the seat-tube, you would end up reducing travel with a stock '06 shock (7.5x2.0) and not increasing it. The new rockers give a lower average leverage ratio than the old ones.

If you want more travel on the '06 RFX, the 7-pack option is your best bet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Wow, thanks for that info. The 7 pack huh? Anyone done that? How much travel would I get then? Would that affect the riding negativally? I am assuming that it would not be as good at xc, but i am okay with that. It is tempting.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Your Meat
    Wow, thanks for that info. The 7 pack huh? Anyone done that? How much travel would I get then? Would that affect the riding negativally? I am assuming that it would not be as good at xc, but i am okay with that. It is tempting.
    Tscheesy and Zilla have both done it with very slightly different stroke shocks - pm them.

banned
    Someone else did it and posted pics last fall. I think it had an old shock and new rocker andmaybe a Spot SS. The person also compared the rocker sizes as well and said they were very similar. And of course, I can't find that thread once again.