Roy
    mtbr member

'06 IMBA Summit - Whistler

Any of you homers going up to the IMBA Summit at Whistler this year? If so, drop me a note and let's hook-up for some rides.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Any of you homers going up to the IMBA Summit at Whistler this year? If so, drop me a note and let's hook-up for some rides.
    Hey Roy-

I was up north last weekend, 3 days on the shore- it was awesome! I'm DL'ing video now. Anyways, I'll keep in touch- if the weather cooperates I'm down to come up and meet you. EBX hits the new wall-ride on salvation:

Wow, that is sick, just sick. Talk about steppin it up(To me that is amazing). I would love to ride something like that - one of these days....

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    what did ya do fm? crop out the pool just off to the left? where the hell do ya land that bugger? holy crap man! and by that i mean... holy crap!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Just roll it......
    Roy,

Our buddy, Juice, will also be up there next week for the event and he's speaking on one of the panels as well. Although he's not a homer, he's someone you should hook up with as he knows the area really well and is a super fun guy to ride with.....

Thanks FM for the pic. That wallride is COOL and not as hard as it would seem, but it was really slick last weekend so getting higher up on it was a challenge. Actually, the run-in is the hardest part as you've got to jump some roots directly in front of the entrance in order to carry enough speed to not slide down it. Our buddy, Drew, came in way too hot over the jump, got wonky in the air and literally piledrove himself into the side of the wall. It was not pretty at all. I think FM decided to pass on it after that. Not a bad call as that crash had everyone a bit tentative at that point.

So, we had 15 guys riding for a buddy's bachelor party (goatboy001).....talk about a rippin' weekend. A few pics of FM last weekend. I wish I had gotten him hitting a nice gap on Ned's Atomic Dustbin (smooth like buttah), but I was out of batteries by that point.
    1. Climbing up on Fromme....still looking spry before the debauchery.
    2. Entrance to Upper Oilcan in the patented North Shore fog
    3. The last log ride on 7th secret.

Cheers,
    EBX
    Attached Images Attached Images

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Our buddy, Drew, came in way too hot over the jump, got wonky in the air and literally piledrove himself into the side of the wall. It was not pretty at all. I think FM decided to pass on it after that. Not a bad call as that crash had everyone a bit tentative at that point.
    Here's the picture! Ouch- amazing he was OK! Yeah I might feel better about trying that when it's dry... edit

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    edit.... file problems
    file problems
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hisforever
    Sweet pics you guys!

The mud in the first pic looks like concrete!?

The entry to that wall ride was involved, gots to be supa smoov to roll up the wall far...ouch!
    Jesus Saves

Justin Vander Pol
    Our buddy, Juice, will also be up there next week for the event and he's speaking ...
    Yeah, look me up, we'll hit some runs or drink some drinks. I was actually only up to Whis once last year (hard to drive past Fromme), but I know the lower mountain pretty well. I'll be leading a couple sessions ("Grantwriting" and then "Building trails in urban ecosystems"). Or find me in line at the lifts between the IMBA sessions. Tallish skinny guy on a red VP-Free w/888 and a white helmet that is beat to hell. Oh yeah, in the real world they call me Justin. Next week is going to be off the hook!

That wallride is COOL and not as hard as it would seem, but it was really slick last weekend so getting higher up on it was a challenge...
    Very cool feature! I actually like that it's a bit hard to get onto, adds more pucker factor. I slid down it and crashed my first try and just kind of hung on for the second one and pulled it off (but not pretty). It'll take a lot of runs to get as smooth as ebx on that thing. Solid riding last weekend boys. Gaps, wallrides, skinnies, steeps, chundery fast runs, it had it all!

Members who have read this thread: 0