Thread: 06 Dhx Air ?s

mtbr member

06 Dhx Air ?s

Hey Just saw a 06 Spec Enduro with a DHX Air on it and noticed that threre was no 2nd air valve on the boost chamber. Does anyone know if this is a change for all 06 DHX Air's or some OE for Specialized only like there Fox Brain stuff? Don't tell me new and improved.

Thanks Steve.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5
    Hey Just saw a 06 Spec Enduro with a DHX Air on it and noticed that threre was no 2nd air valve on the boost chamber. Does anyone know if this is a change for all 06 DHX Air's or some OE for Specialized only like there Fox Brain stuff? Don't tell me new and improved.

Thanks Steve.
    Steve, can you post a pic?

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5
    Hey Just saw a 06 Spec Enduro with a DHX Air on it and noticed that threr was no 2nd air valve on the boost chamber. Does anyone know if this is a change for all 06 DHX Air's or some OE for Specialized only like there Fox Brain stuff? Don't tell new and improved.

Thanks Steve.
    I believe the missing air valve is OEM for the Specialized Enduros because of clearance issues when using the steep geomety shock shuttle and with the b/o knob all the way out. Aftermarket DHX Airs will have the air valve.

pic:

Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 10-28-2005 at 03:50 PM.

mtbr member

Thanks Bro's

I thought it might be that. however you know my next ? don't ya? What about performance?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Apparently it's custom valved for spesh, so you can't change BO or boost valve obviously. See the spesh board for more details, think that's where I read it.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

I have one.

I ordered mine before i knew about this but reassured that it is pre set perfectlty, and after a few rides agree, its preset for 90% of the riders, and if your a balet dancer or sumo you dont need to have a re-tune.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    I believe the missing air valve is OEM for the Specialized Enduros because of clearance issues when using the steep geomety shock shuttle and with the b/o knob all the way out. Aftermarket DHX Airs will have the air valve.

pic:

Will that thing fit on my small RFX?
    Now that the air valve is out of the way maybe there will be no more clearence issues.