mtbr member

"06"/AM-1/Rocco For the Spot???

Thinking of moveing on to the Marz brand. Any thoughts on the new stuff? I have a "04", tired Vanilla up front and a Romic sucking up the rear.Just a thought!

Elitest thrill junkie
    The fork will be far more adjustable, for progressiveness, you can run more sag and not bottom it, adjustable travel, the rear shock remains an unknown, but marzocchi said that their philosophy is that suspension performance comes first, so I wouldn't expect it to be the best pedaling shock ever, nor would I want marzocchi's product to be. I kind of have the same type of philosophy, which is why I run a marzocchi ZAM1 and a rear fox DHX. I'd like to try the rocco, and according to what marzocchi is saying, the rocco should be very different than something like a 5th element, romic, or swinger. How it stacks up against the DHX would be a good question though once it gets on the market. Hopefully the rocco has adjustable progression like my fox DHX. The great thing about the combo I have is that I can set the front and rear up pretty equally in respect to their ability to absorb impacts, which is very nice. Again, the rocco should have some sort of progression adjustment (hopefully).

I'd be willing to try the combo you are talking about, I put suspension performance as #1 on my priority list, and I think the hype over progressive/swinger products will eventually die out. More compression damping= better pedaling but it also = harsher impacts and less suspension performance.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    The fork will be far more adjustable, for progressiveness, you can run more sag and not bottom it, adjustable travel, the rear shock remains an unknown, but marzocchi said that their philosophy is that suspension performance comes first, so I wouldn't expect it to be the best pedaling shock ever, nor would I want marzocchi's product to be. I kind of have the same type of philosophy, which is why I run a marzocchi ZAM1 and a rear fox DHX. I'd like to try the rocco, and according to what marzocchi is saying, the rocco should be very different than something like a 5th element, romic, or swinger. How it stacks up against the DHX would be a good question though once it gets on the market. Hopefully the rocco has adjustable progression like my fox DHX. The great thing about the combo I have is that I can set the front and rear up pretty equally in respect to their ability to absorb impacts, which is very nice. Again, the rocco should have some sort of progression adjustment (hopefully).

I'd be willing to try the combo you are talking about, I put suspension performance as #1 on my priority list, and I think the hype over progressive/swinger products will eventually die out. More compression damping= better pedaling but it also = harsher impacts and less suspension performance.
    Good info, Just looking at this set-up makes me kinda...silly!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Anyone using an 06 AM1 yet?

I have just ordered my Spot with an All Mountain 1 but I'm worried that it will be a little tall, even wound down to 130mm. Anyone have any experience with it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle
    I have just ordered my Spot with an All Mountain 1 but I'm worried that it will be a little tall, even wound down to 130mm. Anyone have any experience with it?
    I went with the 130-110 am1 for my spot. I was going to go with the 150-130 but decided against it as the spot was designed around a 130mm fork.

TJ