mtbr member
    Mar 2006

03 Spot & 09 36 Talas

As above really, I've a 2003 Spot, back with the Romic after some time with a Push'd RP3, and with 5.3" rockers. Currently running a travel adjustable Pike and ride Lake District (UK) trails - all very rocky climbs and descents.
    Starting to think about the Talas 36 RC2, but wondering if anyone else had tried and had opinions - the threads I've read relate to newer 5.5" spots.
    Its a lot of dosh to spend and regret, but anything that further increases descending ability gets my vote!

mtbr member

Good job!

Hi spyke,I live in Kendal and have a medium 08 with a 36 talas.You are welcome to have a go on it,i run it in the 130mm setting most of the time.Have you had a look at the 09 32 forks,140mm or 150mm talas with the new 15mm hub set up!

trail fairy
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    Hi spyke,I live in Kendal and have a medium 08 with a 36 talas.You are welcome to have a go on it,i run it in the 130mm setting most of the time.Have you had a look at the 09 32 forks,140mm or 150mm talas with the new 15mm hub set up!
    I've not considered the 09 32s Mr pink - has the travel increased to 150mm? & don't want to think about a new wheel as well (currently on mavic XLs)

by - my post and/or mr pink's?

mtbr member
    09 talas 140mm or 150mm !

Surfin' da mountain
    Spyke,

I'm running a 5.3 SPOT with a HL rear suspension RP23 and an '08 Fox 36 Talas. On my local twisty trails I run it at 130mm most of the time - then when you ride the bigger, faster, longer decents click it up to 160mm. In reality you could ride it at 160mm most of the time, it doesn't throw the balance off that much.

Personally, I'm sticking with the 5.3's because at 130mm the bike is well balanced.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    09 talas 140mm or 150mm !
    ah

might take you up on the offer of trying out the 36 sometime Mr Pink
    I ride quite a lot with the "ridethelakes" lot (google it) - a friendly bunch and new riders are always welcolme and welcolmed - rides are more often than not S.Lakes based - maybe catch you on one of the rides

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucucachu
    Spyke,

I'm running a 5.3 SPOT with a HL rear suspension RP23 and an '08 Fox 36 Talas. On my local twisty trails I run it at 130mm most of the time - then when you ride the bigger, faster, longer decents click it up to 160mm. In reality you could ride it at 160mm most of the time, it doesn't throw the balance off that much.

Personally, I'm sticking with the 5.3's because at 130mm the bike is well balanced.
    I guess thats what I was getting at - the bike doesn't feel out of balance with a 36 on it - when I first built it up I had an 80-125 Talas on it and i thought that was the dogs at the time