mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Your Rumblefish handlebar - stem set up

just curious of other peoples set ups , obviously your size and then your bikes size has a bearing on what set up you go for.

Im 5 11,have gorilla arms , long reach for my height, ride a 19, have a flat 90 mm stem on the standard bars that came with it ,

Curious about ways to improve handling , not that there is much wrong , but curious anyway, without sacrificing reach,

For example, If I was to shorten the stem , how much wider would i need to go in the bars , or higher to feel like it has a similar reach , is there a formula ?

Curious to hear other peoples setups ,

Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I don't have any particular formula, but I like my set up. I have a 2011 Rumblefish 17.5 (M). I'm 5'10" pretty standard proportions.

I have an Easton Haven 85mm stem and an Easton Haven bar. The length is 711mm, with a 9 degree bend, 5 degree upsweep.

XXIX
    I just switched to a Race Face ride 60mm stem with a Answer Pro Taper 1/4 rise 720mm carbon bar. I really like the setup I feel much more in control.Its easier to manual the bike now. The stem is a little lower than the stock one so the rise in the bar made up for it. Feels the same height as the stock set up but I really like the hand position of the Answer bar. Go carbon all the way its such a better feel.My next up grade will be 40mm carbon stem. Im 5'10 17.5 frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I have switched to a 70mm 0 degree stem and 750mm rhythm pro bars. Only one ride so far so we'll see how it goes

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    5'8",17.5 (M) 2012 RF, 750mm bar + 75mm stem.
    Nice set up, works fine for me.

Mo.

Trips for Kids Denver
    I'm 5'10" and ride a 2012 Rumblefish Elite 17.5" (M) frame. I felt like I was sitting straight up and the ride was a little harsh so I went with a flat carbon bar (680mm) and dropped the stem lower by two spacers. Feels perfect now. I kept the stock stem.

" I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I am 6' and have a 2010 RF Large. I just put a 777mm low rise bar on the stock 100mm stem and am too stretched out now. I have a 70mm 0 degree stem coming any day now.