mtbr member
    Oct 2013

X- Caliber lineup

Hello I purchased a x-caliber 6 2 weeks ago and am loving it. I see a lot of post for the higher end bikes and was wondering if there was a show us your x-cal tread? Also how many people have had these bikes and what did you go with next? I am already thinking about what I may want next but for now I am just enjoying the ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Mtbing is a sport where you get more and more into it as you do it and your skills get better as you hit harder trails which are the most fun. Over the time it takes for that to happen you find the type of stuff that works for you on the trails in your area. You add these upgrades to your bike or get one that has more of what you want, usually after doing demo rides for info or reading on the boards.
    For hard tails the fork is the component which most affects riding on more difficult/technical/fun trails. The 6+lb. Suntour 'x' series of forks are designed for easy trails without lots of bumps or speed over rocks and roots. You could upgrade your fork for the biggest change. $200 gets you a Raidon through the Suntour upgrade program--4.2lbs. Or 3.5lbs for a better performing Manitou Tower Pro currently on sale at pricepoint for $250+ship.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I also recently picked up an Xcal (7) and so far I'm loving it! It's plenty of bike for my skill level for now.