mtbr member

Who Can Identify This Bontrager Frame

I need to know the year and model name of this frame, if anyone is able to identify it by it's paint scheme. I am interested in using it to build up a single speed, but I'd like to figure out it's geometry before purchasing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Trails...

information leafblower
    Oct 2004

xpost it

you may have better luck cross posting this in the vintage retro classic forum.

this looks to be a bontrager privateer frame - it's probably suspension corrected for a 63mm travel fork.

to make definitive recommendation we'd need better pics. it's easy to repaint/resticker stuff...althought it's anything other than a Privateer.
    i've got one inch, who needs more?

[SIZE="2"](wanted small or medium 93 or earlier race lite, must have bonded TT cable guides) [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I'd love to provide better pics, but that's the only pic from the seller. The only other info I have which may or may not be of use is that it's a 15 inch frame, 1 1/8 head tube, and takes a 27.2 seatpost. Hope some one out there can pin it down for me.
    Happy Trails...

mtbr member
    The paint scheme looks exactly like the Privateer Comp circa 1999/2000.

If the Headtube is for 1-1/8" steerer and the Bottom Bracket Shell is 73mm wide then it's post Trek acquisition, i.e. Privateer. Note the seatpost is 27.0.

I have the catalog specs if you need a reference.

I have a Privateer, rides superbly, and would probably never sell it.