mtbr member

Where have all the fat possums gone??

It seems to me that there is very little interest in the Gray Fisher Fat Possum. I had the chance to demo one last year and loved it. (xo w/mav) To this date, I have not found a single pivot design that had so little feedback to the drivetrain. Maybe I missed somthing but that bike got the buzz going for me again, not to mention that It was a sub 30lb bike w/ 152mm travel stock.

Knows how to work a tool
    Sep 2004
    Fat Possums are still available. There is a 2007 model. They've just gotten less fanfare this year because of the introduction of the HiFi.
    -Would you like a mechanic chick to look at that for you?
    www.trekwomendemotour.com

Double-metric mtb man
    Just like the Cakes....Fat Possums hit the market and that was where all the hype went... All the "Eat Mountain, Ride Cake" stuff vanished overnight.

Granted, it is a little different as the Cakes were on their last year where as the Possums are just in their second year...but hype follows what's new and hot, not what we saw last year
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Double-metric mtb man
    hehehe...I'm one of the Cake converts here Mine has seen some changes to fit my size and style, and as a result, I like it that much more.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    New one on the shelf here for $2249.00 One heck of a bike if you ask me. I demo'd it last week and fell in love. My budget was $1500, so no dice though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have an '06 Fat Possum XO and with the lack of posts on the bike, I feel like I am the only person that has one!! I love the bike. The parts list is impressive, using top-of the line components. Although the bike is light for it's "class" (31lbs), it never feels as if it is too delicate for it's purpose. Granted, it's not made for DH and huge drops, but it decends and climbs extemely well.

I haven't seen many reviews, but the few I have seen were all positive. I guess at the $4000 price point, many people opt for the other brands that get more attention, such as SC, Intense, etc....

mtbr member
    31lbs is fine for AM
    Abington Wheel Wright Freeride Crew

2011 Trek Session 8

2012 Trek Remedy 9

2012 Niner MCR 9

SND. CPS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yep I was wondering the same thing, I have the XT version and love it but NEVER see them around the trails...Its kind of nice being the only person around to have one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyPoint
    ...Its kind of nice being the only person around to have one.
    I completely agree

mtbr member
    I certainly don't think its too heavy for it's intended use.

I've enjoyed mine so far. Still getting it dialed in to my liking.

Before I bought it (Nov 06), I did quite a bit of searching but found very little. I found it a bit stange that there wasn't more info/reviews and was concerned with the pending purchase. I'm glad I went forward with it though.
    '06 GF Fat Possum XO

'97 Steel Bonty

Aussie Bob

07 Xt

I got a 07 XT at the end of last year , I have almost 1000 miles on it and have had a blast riding it on a lot of different trails in the bay area . One of the best things about it is no chain suck Plus the Fox Folat RLC is a plus for this years model . My setup comes in at 31 lbs which is not to bad for a bike this beefy, I even raced it at Sea Otter this year just for fun and I think its cool that not every one on the trail has my bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trying a little
    mountain bike action crapped all over the possum in their review - proof that it is an awesome bike

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Aussie Bob

I read the Review

I think their bike set up was screwd up I have never been able to duplacate the flex in the swing arm they were talking about , I think the 07 set up is way better