mtbr member
    Nov 2012

What's the value???

I need some help i've got a 2009 trek fuel ex 8 pretty much stock that i'm going to sell what is a fair price for it? The bike is in great shape never been crashed or anything

mtbr member
    I'll give ya $100.... So now you know the value is at least $100

Bike prices vary greatly from region to region so take a look at your local ads. If there are none for sale check out pinkbike.com and see the going rate.

I had the same bike but had some upgrades on it and I solid it for around $1800 I believe.
    Current Rides:
    2011 Trek Remedy 8

To Get Me There:
    2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost

mtbr member
    Another point I'll add is unless you are selling for way below cost it could take awhile. Be patient and resist the low ball offers. If you are willing to ship pinkbike is where I would place the ad, tons of exposure.
    Current Rides:
    2011 Trek Remedy 8

To Get Me There:
    2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I sold one earlier this year, also an EX8 from 2009. It also wasnt wrecked. I was only able to get 750 for it, and that was during the summer months when the riding season was in full swing. Thats all the market would support in my area.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nov0798 View Post
    I sold one earlier this year, also an EX8 from 2009. It also wasnt wrecked. I was only able to get 750 for it, and that was during the summer months when the riding season was in full swing. Thats all the market would support in my area.
    Jesus that's low! Did you try pinkbike?
    Current Rides:
    2011 Trek Remedy 8

To Get Me There:
    2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwaystreets View Post
    I'll give ya $100.... So now you know the value is at least $100

Bike prices vary greatly from region to region so take a look at your local ads. If there are none for sale check out pinkbike.com and see the going rate.

I had the same bike but had some upgrades on it and I solid it for around $1800 I believe.

Wow I am surprised you got $1800 for it. That is a lot considering you can get a 2012 Ex8 for that same price. I would check the adds but you would have to realize you can now get the 2011, 12 models for under $2000 so you may be lucky if you can get anything close to 1000.
    2011 Trek Remedy 7

mtbr member
    Ironic. I just sold mine for $850.00 in Vegas. It was a 2009 ex8. It took less than 24 hours on craigslist. I listed it for $900.00. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmunoz View Post
    Wow I am surprised you got $1800 for it. That is a lot considering you can get a 2012 Ex8 for that same price. I would check the adds but you would have to realize you can now get the 2011, 12 models for under $2000 so you may be lucky if you can get anything close to 1000.
    Ex 8 up here goes for 3k so my used price falls in line with that. But like I said I had some decent upgrades on her to raise the price.
    Current Rides:
    2011 Trek Remedy 8

To Get Me There:
    2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost