mtbr member
    May 2007

What's on my bike, and is it any good? Klein Pulse Comp content

It's a 98 Pulse Comp I picked up off craigslist. It has some upgrades but im not sure what they are. What i know is the upgraded front shock is an XC Judy and has XT components. Are these good components?

I've been riding it for the past few weeks and feels pretty good with the occasional chain falling off the front derailleur. My only real complain is the brakes are pretty weak. Anyway to add disks? if not any good v-brake setups?

Anyways here are some pics, sorry for the dirty bike, can't stop riding her!

Sweep the leg!
    Looks like it has some pretty basic parts that are functional... brake levers & cranks are pretty obvious, I wouldn't worry about what it has so much as getting it working as it should. It may need new brake pads on those V-brakes. That fork and the frame lack disc brake mounts so you should focus on getting them adjusted properly. If the shifting sin't up to snuff the same thing goes. Bottom line, do yourself and the bike a favor and get it tuned up by your local bike shop. $50 or so should make it a happier bike. HAve them grease the cables inside the housings and get new brake pads. It may need other things but it's hard to diagnose over the internet.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Any idea on a price point for this set-up minus the front fork upgrade. I found one very similar, but doens't have front suspension