mtbr member
    Dec 2012

what size stan's no tube rim strip for 2013 trek marlin?

Hey All,
    Does anyone know what size stan's no tubes rim strips I would need for a 2013 Trek Marlin? The rims are Bontrager AT-650, but I can't find any details about these rims...(On the btrager site nor the Stan's site)

Thanks,
    Shyam

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Take my advice i tried to set mine up tubeless and the tire would burp on the trail and lose all the air in the tire. There not made for tubeless the bead slips real easy off the rim no bead lock.

Andrew
    I don't believe those rims are tubeless ready. You can try to set them up tubeless with the Stan's yellow tape, but from previous experience trying to setup non-tubeless wheels tubeless is a total PITA. I would recommend just getting some thorn resistant tubes and adding some Slime or Cafe Latex to help keep em spinnin.
    2012 Trek Superfly 100

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I've had a difficult time installing Stan's strips in those rims. You need to fill in the narrow spoke bed with a couple of skinny rubber rim strips. Then, a Velox wide rim strip on top of that followed by the Stan's rim strip. Apply a bunch of soap and water to the rim strip and tire when you put it on the rim. It will also help to remove the valve core when inflating for the first time, and use a compressor if possible. Good luck with that project.

By the way, the Stan's rim strips are designed to convert non-tubless wheels to tubeless.

I have also had great success by adding No Tubes sealant to tube with removable valve cores. Not nearly as heavy as thornproof tubes and slime.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks all, I guess I'll stick with tubes until I can upgrade to some better rims!