mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Weight on Superly and SF100

Curious if anyone has a weight of the 2013 SF elite and 2013 SF 100 Elite in size 17.5?
    2014 Niner RIP 9 (Roval Carbon wheels, Pike fork)

Sold:
    Trek Fuel EX8 29er (Rhythm Pro wheels, SLX 2x10 Crank)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    On the SF Elite is that the SL or AL?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Aluminum on both models

Sold:

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    24.9lbs for the AL Elite in a large. I have the medium AL Elite, and it's 22.1lbs in stock form other than the SS conversion.

destructionismyobjective
    I got 25.5 on the al elite in med on our scale. I got 24.5 on the entry level carbon hardtail sf. I would go with the al elite all day over the srammed up entry carbon. Im thinkin hard about the al elite.. i hate the cheeseball anodizing on it. Im thinkin with like a set of rxl tubeless wheels, carbon bars, carbon seatpost, and some ti hardware you could probly get the al elite down to 22 or 23 fairly easy.

I hope that my scales wrong though cause my bike is weighing in at 21.5 that would be awesome if it were closer to 20

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    ...would be nice, but I doubt it.

I've struggled to get my carbon down to 20 without resorting to full WW parts/build. Its best to keep to solid build quality than worry overly about what the scale says.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kdaly1 View Post
    24.9lbs for the AL Elite in a large. I have the medium AL Elite, and it's 22.1lbs in stock form other than the SS conversion.
    So it should be about 23.5 for a stock SF AL elite un Med.

Anyone got numbers on a Med. superfly 100 AL elite?

I know my stock 2011 EX8 came in at about 28 lbs on the LBS scale. It now has slant 6 tires and tubeless with Crank Bros candy pedals. planning on going to a Trek demo in the Atlanta area in Feb to ride a full cross country bike. Maybe pick up a SF100 to replace the EX8 or get a SF elite to compliment my EX8. And also interested in Cannondale F29-2 and stache 8.

Sold:

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterrider View Post
    I got 25.5 on the al elite in med on our scale. I got 24.5 on the entry level carbon hardtail sf. I would go with the al elite all day over the srammed up entry carbon. Im thinkin hard about the al elite.. i hate the cheeseball anodizing on it. Im thinkin with like a set of rxl tubeless wheels, carbon bars, carbon seatpost, and some ti hardware you could probly get the al elite down to 22 or 23 fairly easy.

I hope that my scales wrong though cause my bike is weighing in at 21.5 that would be awesome if it were closer to 20
    Was the 24.5 lb entry level carbon the white 2013 model? Which bike do you have at 21.5 lbs?

We weighed a stock Aluminum Elite 19" Superfly at 25.5lbs no pedals.

destructionismyobjective
    Yeah 24.5 on the black and white 2013 carbon sf.

21.5 is on a 2011 trek 8500 I built up ss rigid. I still have a few things to lose weight on, grips, saddle, my steer tube is really long, and i only have a deore as the crank. Im gona get it close to 20 *maybe* even under when im done.