Thread: weight question

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

weight question

anyone know what the weight is of the trek ex fuel 9.0 or new 9.8?

mtbr member

Ex 9

I just had this conversation with a friend over the wekend. We both had ridden Specialized Epics before. He gets a new bike every 2-3 years and tries something new each time.This time it is an EX9.
    The first thing that was noticed with the Trek Ex9 was how much heavier it was so we weighed them.
    His EX9 weighed in a hair under 29 lbs for a medium frame and Egg Beaters. For comparison we weighed my Specialized Epic Marathon (XL frame and with stans) weighed in at 26

After riding it for one month he seems to like it less and less each ride. He stopped into our LBS and is now looking at trading it for a new Scott double squishy.

By just picking up the bikes you could tell that there was a significant difference in weights, but both of us were quite surprised that the EX9 was so heavy for being spec'd fairly nicely.
    Last edited by BoiseBoy; 09-08-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    boise yeah not sure why the fuel ex is so much heavier I weighed a stumpy fsr expert and weighed just around 25lbs and thinking a carbon fuel ex 9.8 should be around teh same but if you see a link here the new one weighed like 27lbs. how can that be?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was able to build up my XL 2006 frame top fuel 110 to just under 26 lbs. I could of probably got it down a bit more if I had a lighter fork on the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0