mtbr member
    Aug 2004

waiting for elite 9.9. tell me your experiencies riding it.

hello, i'm waiting for a 9.9 frame. i would like that you give your inputs about this frame, with real pics
    my other bike is a cannondale scalpel, big diferences between them?

my doubt is: mavic slr disc wheelset or custom with tune or ck hubs wheelset?. i don't want problems with them.
    other parts that i have are: xtr 07 group, new ultimate seatpost, time atac pedals, sid wc and easton handlebar.

thanks and excuse my lenguage. i'm from spain.

You got any chocolate?
    Well, I don't have experience with either bike, but if you are into XC racing, you have two real nice bikes there to get you to the podium. I am sure if you do your part, the bikes will do their's. Good luck with you new bike!
    Tom G.
    Long Island, NY

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

I have a 9.8

and I'm from Italy, so same frame and similiar climate.
    I love this bike, I had the chance to test a few bikes and even if I was oriented
    to a full suspended when I tried this one I felt it was my bike.
    you can read some of my comments on the post Fox RL on Treks or
    Fox RL on treks

if you want more information just ask
    bye, fra

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    thanks framex

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tg3895
    Well, I don't have experience with either bike, but if you are into XC racing, you have two real nice bikes there to get you to the podium. I am sure if you do your part, the bikes will do their's. Good luck with you new bike!

what he said. I have an older model 9.8 carbon and this particular model bike won the worlds championship a few years ago

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004
    what he said. I have an older model 9.8 carbon and this particular model bike won the worlds championship a few years ago
    and travis brown won a National title on it in 99...

I love my 01' 9.8.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

I have tested

the old 9.8 of a friend of mine, it was a great bike,
    but the new one is even better, lower standover
    and more compliant in the rough, I can easily compare
    it to a race road bike in the dirt...

I even tested some scottUSA Scale and Spark,
    the Scale it's just a tad lighter but this was also the reason I didn't liked
    it so much as the Elite (not speaking of now 3 of my friends that broke the frame
    in some way, one two times!!!)
    the Spark it's very fast and light but not better than the Elite, that after some
    more testing was the bike I liked most, even with the Fox RL fork that is not the top
    of the line (but I must admit that if well tuned you just leave it there and don't touch
    anything but the lockout on the asphalt...)
    hope this helps
    f

hardtails rule!!!
    Jun 2006

This is my bike. I bought the frame (Project one custom paint) and built it up the way I wanted it. Mavic Sl disc (centerlock) wheels, SID team, XT disc brakes, XO shifters and rear d. Bontrager carbon cranks. This is a great crosscountry bike. My only complaint is the bottom bracket is so low! Not good for rockgardens, but good for handling.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by evil genius

This is my bike. I bought the frame (Project one custom paint) and built it up the way I wanted it. Mavic Sl disc (centerlock) wheels, SID team, XT disc brakes, XO shifters and rear d. Bontrager carbon cranks. This is a great crosscountry bike. My only complaint is the bottom bracket is so low! Not good for rockgardens, but good for handling.
    beautiful bike กกก
    mine will be standar red, with mavic slr, xtr transmision and disc brakes ...

i'll post photos