mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Value of used Trek Liquid?

How much is a used Liquid frame worth? Would it be worth much more if sold as a complete bike? The bike in question is an '03 Liquid with an '05 rear end (with seat stay pivots), and a Swinger 3-way shock. It is in excellent condition. Thanks for any opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Person
    Sep 2005
    I've seen them sell for $300-500 on ebay.

more beers, lees gears.
    i bought my liquid frame with stock manitou black fork, and a brand new Fox Float RL rear shock for $425. i thought it was a good deal because the rear shock. I wanted nothing to do with fork.

I see you have an LX rear derailuer. So I wonder if the rest of your parts follow suit. If so, maybe only $400 - $500. more if you had some XT or XTR. What kills the value is that 3way shock. they arent that great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

MattKHS), I am a bit confused by your reply...

Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    i bought my liquid frame with stock manitou black fork, and a brand new Fox Float RL rear shock for $425. i thought it was a good deal because the rear shock. I wanted nothing to do with fork.

I see you have an LX rear derailuer. So I wonder if the rest of your parts follow suit. If so, maybe only $400 - $500. more if you had some XT or XTR. What kills the value is that 3way shock. they arent that great.
    Are you saying that the frame alone ( no fork or other parts) is worth $4-500, or the whole bike with lx parts is worth that? Also, I believe you have a Liquid with the old rear end- if so, the Swinger 3-way is actually an excellent shock for the newer rear end with the seatstay pivots (no black magic stays here). Thanks.

My Member is Senior
    are you sure that's an 03 front triangle? the cable routing looks different...

as for price i'd say $300-$500 for the frame depending on condition obviously

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    bdfgdd
    Last edited by dumper; 06-18-2006 at 04:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I think so...

[QUOTE=fox987654]are you sure that's an 03 front triangle? the cable routing looks different...

I bought the bike brand new as a Liquid 10 at my lbs, about 3 years ago, changed the rear shock, then changed the rear end. Its a great bike now- and it doesn't CREAK!.

My Member is Senior
    that's weird, i always thought the cable routing for the 03 line of liquids was on top of the top tube- whereas yours seems to be on the bottom.

more beers, lees gears.
    i was thinking the whole bike maybe $500. I just looked at some completed listings on ebay. I was wrong. Full bikes have sold from $850 - $1400. Depending on conponents.

Since you have a cheaper shock, and some LX parts, plan closer to the $850 mark.