Thread: Used Trek 4300

mtbr member
    May 2006

Used Trek 4300

I have a chance to buy a 4300 used for $290. I won't know the year or condition until I go to see take a look, but lets assume that it is in good condition and fits me, is this a fair price for the bike?

I'm not looking for a top of the line bike or anything, I haven't ridden trails in years and am looking for a bike to use for commuting and to try out some trail riding again, hopefully to get back into it.

I know the components probably won't be great on this bike, but as far as the frame goes, is it a good bike? I figure if I start riding more seriously, I can upgrade components as needed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xva3000
    I have a chance to buy a 4300 used for $290. I won't know the year or condition until I go to see take a look, but lets assume that it is in good condition and fits me, is this a fair price for the bike?

I'm not looking for a top of the line bike or anything, I haven't ridden trails in years and am looking for a bike to use for commuting and to try out some trail riding again, hopefully to get back into it.

I know the components probably won't be great on this bike, but as far as the frame goes, is it a good bike? I figure if I start riding more seriously, I can upgrade components as needed.
    FWIW, a BRAND NEW 2006 Trek 4300 costs $389......and this is before any discounts! My guess is that you could buy a new 4300 from a LBS for not much more than the one you are looking at. Also, with the new bike, you will have a lifetime warranty on the frame, something you will not get with the used bike.

http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike...d=1018600&f=19

Take it FWIW.
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by brianthebiker
    FWIW, a BRAND NEW 2006 Trek 4300 costs $389......and this is before any discounts! My guess is that you could buy a new 4300 from a LBS for not much more than the one you are looking at. Also, with the new bike, you will have a lifetime warranty on the frame, something you will not get with the used bike.

http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike...d=1018600&f=19

Take it FWIW.

I second this opinion. I sold my 04 4300, which was in excellent condition, for 200 bucks and I felt like I ripped the guy off.
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels