mtbr member
    Apr 2006

URGENT - Good Deal on a Klein Attitude V?

I wasn't in the market for a $1500+ hardtail (was planning to spend $1,000), but the LBS has 2005 Klein Attitude V's for 30% off (MSRP was $1599 I believe). Less than $1200 out the door. Is this a good deal? Is this a good bike/fork for a 5'10", 200 lb rider?

I need to pull the trigger tomorrow. Let me know. Thanks all!

w

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yes that is a pretty good deal. LBS has a Klein XV that I have been eyeballing. I don't think the market for $2000 hardtails is hot around here, hoping they will still have it this winter and I can get a pretty good discount. I was orinally looking at the V, but rode the XV and fell in love with it. They would have to order the V and I am not quite ready to spend 2k on a hardtail just yet(although I was tempted after riding it). LBS price on the V is $1499 so $1200 is still a pretty good deal. I weigh 190# and am 5'10" and was looking at the Attitude V in a medium frame before upselling myself to the XV. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I pulled the trigger - $1100 plus tax. Will post pics later tonight hopefully.

Thanks!

w

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Congratulations, I really want to go to the LBS and buy that XV that I was looking at but my credit card would never forgive me.