mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Two water bottles on Trek 6000?

If I remember correctly, there's only a spot for one bottle. I dont remember seeing bolts for a bottle on the vertical bar below the seat. Is it possible to put one there?

Safer, less invasive way of carrying more water - get a Camelbak of your liking, stow your tools/gear/food/whatever AND water...and you're good to go
    I wouldn't want to drill holes into a frame just for a water bottle mount. My Fuel has 2 bottle mounts, although one is on the underside of the downtube, directly in the path of flying mud/horse crap/whatever else gets flung up by a spinning front wheel ... ain't no way in hell I'd drink from a bottle hung down there

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Or, better yet, get a Hydrapak!

-from the happy owner of a Hydrapak AS Trail
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the tips...

Are hydrapaks better than camebaks?

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Quote Originally Posted by tygger
    Are hydrapaks better than camebaks?
    The hydrapaks have some cool features. Camelbak has better storage in my opinion, but I like the Hydrapak reservoir more. Then again, I've seen a lot of Camelbaks and only one Hydrapak - the AS Trail that I own.

I dunno if one is better or not, I just wanted to try something different. I really liked the Hydrapak. I wrote a review on mtbr.com if you want more info.

The hydrapak website is hilarious. If you visit, check out the "hydrationist" part and the "Get off the Bottle - Volunteers Needed". Then again, humor counts for some people...
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser