Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trek slash

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HENGST101 View Post
    i went with the lyrik DH @ 170mm and like 2 months later the pike came out.... i think the lyrik will take more abuse but seems like pike damper is much better. I run minion DHF and DHR 2 on mine and have great traction. much better than the stock Bontrager
    Since my Slash needs a new chainstay and is in the RMA process (found the crack the same day the volume reducers for the DRCV arrived), I've ridden my brothers bike, a YT Wicked with the Lyrik 170mm RC2DH and DHF Supertacky single ply front tire.

I must say, the SuperTacky tire is great, really grips excellent. You can really hear the tire sticks to the ground.

Lyrik RC2DH has a different ride feeling than the Pike and initial feeling of the solo air chamber, but is definitively in the same league how it performs. Works and tracks like a charm. And must say, a little stronger feeling but this might be due to different wheel in the front. All in all, IMHO same performance like the Pike, but the weight difference is noticeable on the scale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    I put a lenyzne side loader on mine. Standard style doesn't work on my '12
    I have the same, works great. I use it for tools more than water though cause have hydro pack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anybody notice the bottom mount on the Slash 12's shock is always really stiff? Just replaced all frame bearings and noticed the rear shock mount is quite stiff. Everything else pivots great, especially with the new bearings, except this. Seems an odd design that needs improving. Anybody converted or changed just this aspect of the setup? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuco View Post
    Thanks for the answer. Ordered it for a little more from TFTuned UK, but what can you do. Small price for huge performance gains.

One more thing that bugs me with older Slash - creacking from the rear (I hope it's the rear) when you stomp hard on the pedals and pedal like hell. Really hope it's the hub (stock Bontrager Rhythm Comp). But except that, the bike has been running flawlessly almost a year (after first 2 months that were not so good ).

Upgraded it with a Pike RC 160. All the stories regarding this fork were true. Amazing performance. And trying to find a rear tire that will wear before I kill the sidewall. So far, Bontrager XR Team Issue held for 3 months, then I tore the sidewall a little (sealant didn't close it). Then Continental Mountain King II 2.2 Protection was on for 4 months. Also, tear on the sidewall (smaller tear than XR4 but still didn't seal it, and the tire got a "bubble" on the teared place and can't be even used with inner tubes). Now, 3-4 rides on the Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35. If it doesn't hold, then its Maxxis turn
    Checked your pivot bearings? One of mine was noisy and needed replacing. I replaced all as I read somewhere the stock are poor quality. Also when I changed the BB it creaked when I mashed the pedals. This settled down after a little while thankfully.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Snozz View Post
    Checked your pivot bearings? One of mine was noisy and needed replacing. I replaced all as I read somewhere the stock are poor quality. Also when I changed the BB it creaked when I mashed the pedals. This settled down after a little while thankfully.
    Twice in these 11 months has my bike been to the LBS in a regular checkup of the bearings, BB, headsets (full disassembly and assembly), and replacing if needed. I myself have never checked the bearings yet. I only regularly check if all the pivots aren't loose.
    These two things follow me from the beginning of owning the Slash - loud knocking when I lock up rear wheel and this creaks when stomping on the pedals hard. But, no bike is perfect.

Haven't noticed the stiffness of the lower link, but read on the web about it. Sometimes you need to loosen up your main pivot to remove the lower mount/bushing. Never tried it on mine...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm not sure then. A friend had a creaking chainring bolt when mashing that was fixed once lubed. I like to service my own bikes cause have had quality issues at the LBS. Noises have always indicated a problem. Mostly bearings. Every bearing has now been replaced on my 2012 slash. Rear wheel went first (did front anyway), then BB, then headset, finally after 12 months a rocker bearing died so replaced all frame bearings. The only creaking I've had that wasn't something worn out or loose was the seat rails where they enter the seat. A couple drops of oil and all fixed. Your Wheel Knocking doesn't sound right either. Perhaps have a friend ride or walk next to you to pin point the source cause it can sometimes be really hard by yourself. Good luck mate.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hi there folks.

I have just bought a Trek Slash 7. Just have one question. The rims that comes with this bike - Yay or Nay? Anyone have experiense with the stock ones or do everyone swap them out?

mtbr member
    I have seen people put a vivid coil on a 17.5 I googled it trying to decide if i wantedbto go that route. Only issue seemed to be mounting hardware
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    The rims that came with my slash lasted about two rides before they went out of true. I replaced the wheels with hope hubs and flow ex rims

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Well, I'm pretty satisfied with the rims on my Rhythm Comp wheelset (not so sure about the hubs, but they still roll). Trued them once in after 2 months of riding. Since then, didn't go out of true for 9 months so factory setup wasn't faultless probably. Holds tubeless excellent.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Tnx for replies. My lical bike shop says he will tension all spokes before he gives me my bike, and that they then will be more than good enaugh. I have Chris King ISO hubs on current bike, so hoping that the stock wheels will last me thru the summer so i can build me a new wheelset during winter

GJ

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Xmas comes eary this year and i'm just 2 days away from my new Slash 7 Cant wait

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Trek slash-imag0764.jpgTrek slash-imag0766.jpg

New Slash 7 in house. Rebuilt to 1*10.
    Just have to say that this bike is awsome

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    After 40 days, finally new chainstay arrived. They made some modifications to it, little stronger/bigger I think. Also, I tried the PUSH volume spacer (biggest), put SAG 20-25% and still pushed it to a bottom out. Didn't feel it, but the o-ring says it was full travel. So, I'll need to ride it at 20%, but better than 10% before the reducers.

It did change the ride, couldn't says its 500% better, but it doesn't bob any more like it used to.

So, thanks for the advice on the reducers guys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by piccirilli View Post
    As promised, here is a step by step guide for upgrading Slash stock Shock. Unfortunately MTBR would not allow uploading full res, forcing me to do low res screen captures and post as photos. If anyone wants the guide in better format and resolution, PM me with your email and I'll send it as a power point presentation you can print out. ENJOY!
    Attachment 838215Attachment 838216
    Here are the parts you will need:
    1) 40mm X 10mm eyelet mounting hardware kit. Rock Shock makes one. The BTI part # is RS7563 and can be seen here: BTI | Rear Shock Springs & Parts from Rock Shox (page 1) The photo does not show, but you’ll get 2 bushings and one 40mm long SS sleeve to fit a 10mm thru bolt. I believe Fox Racing Shox also makes one, which you can order directly from them.

Next, you will need to order some specialty bolts. I highly recommend titanium for both strength and keeping it light. Using Trek aluminum alloy bolts are not sufficient and will bend/break. Going with SS will work, but it will add ¼ lb of weight! Whatever you decide, stick with Flange hex heads and nuts, as they will correctly ride against the inner raceway of bearings. Also pay attention to the shoulder length as shown on next slide before ordering. Here’s what to order:

2) One Ti Hex Flange bolt 10mm-1.25 X 80mm (cut to exact dims next slide)
    3) One Ti hex flange nut 10mm-1.25)
    4) One Ti hex flange bolt 8mm-1.25 X 60mm (cut to exact dims next slide)
    The above Ti hardware can be purchase at the following sites: Hex Flange Bolts, 140Ksi Ti cheapest I found, but only comes in silver. Pro-Bolt Titanium Flanged Hex Head Bolts for those that want specific color.

5) Next you’ll need a stack (Quantity 8-12) of SS shim washers ½” ID X .01” to .02” thick. These thin washers will fine tune the spacing you need, which can vary frame to frame and your shock. I made some out of shim stock, but I highly recommend just buying them. Try your local nut and bolt shop, or from here: 18-8 Stainless Steel Shim by ACCURATE MFD PRODUCTS - Shim Stock by Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies

Total cost will be ~ $50 for the Ti hardware and shims.
    Attachment 838217
    Attachment 838219Attachment 838220Attachment 838221
    Why to have set the shock opposite ? Wouldn't have the CS version fit by having the lever at the top ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Does anyone know, if the shock's mounting is the same on 2014 model as on 2012's?

I found some Monarch Plus Debon air that is specific for Slash 27.5", med/med tune but I have to be sure that the mount is the same as on older models. My LBS is worthless regarding this questions.

mtbr member
    2012 Trek Slash 9
    2012 Trek Session 9.9

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Does anyone know, if the shock's mounting is the same on 2014 model as on 2012's?

I found some Monarch Plus Debon air that is specific for Slash 27.5", med/med tune but I have to be sure that the mount is the same as on older models. My LBS is worthless regarding this questions.
    It's the same eye to eye (first I've seen) but you will need to customise the top mount ( use a bolt). Check out the custom fuel shock info on mtbr

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I know it's the same ETE/stroke. But not sure if the widths for the mounts are the same (slash 2012 and 2014). I've seen all the CCDB installs on slash 2012/2013 but I'm not into it cause it changes geometry. Also, eccentric bushings aren't an option (to shorten the ETE of a CCDB in example)

I'm interested in the shock mounting hardware dimensions

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Haven't seen technical docs but have looked at the the setup on the new slash and it looks to be the same dimensions for mount width and bolt size as my 2012 slash. This is somewhat confirmed by those companies that provide remedy&slash mounting hardware - they don't state any differences between year models.

mtbr member
    Upgrade question:

2015 Fox 36 Float -> 180mm or 160mm?
    (as new axle to crown is 9mm shorter, so if I go with 180mm, it will raise frontend only 11mm)

But I don't like the idea of having 180mm front and 160mm rear (even 168mm max if I change shock too)

So what do yo think?
    1- Get fox float 36 160 and keep 160mm/160mm both front and rear
    2- Get fox float 36 180 and 180mm front /160mm rear is fine
    3- Get fox float 36 180 and reduce it to 170mm and upgrade rear to 168mm

I also don't like the idea of getting 180mm and reducing it to 170mm , as Fox says, all settings like progressive curve etc. is set if it's 160 or 180. I think I have to send 180 fork back to fox and let them reduce it to 170 and make all relative settings according to 170 mm travel?
    2012 Trek Slash 9
    2012 Trek Session 9.9

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmedic View Post
    Attachment 884408

Just put this thing together, it feels pretty nice and looks like something a storm trooper would ride.
    What frame-size are you running?And what is your height?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    650B with 35mm LB rims/Hope Pro 2 Evo

Trek slash-img_1946.jpgTrek slash-img_1949.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aperral View Post
    650B with 35mm LB rims/Hope Pro 2 Evo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1946.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	902341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1949.jpg 
Views:	3216 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	902342
    Do you know what the widest tires that fit the slash are? 2.7? 2.5?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntrager View Post
    Do you know what the widest tires that fit the slash are? 2.7? 2.5?
    I'm not sure but I measured the XR4 tires casing, exactly 2.35. With the 35mm rims, the casing grew to 2.4, with little difference on the clearance from when it was stock, both front and rear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aperral View Post
    I'm not sure but I measured the XR4 tires casing, exactly 2.35. With the 35mm rims, the casing grew to 2.4, with little difference on the clearance from when it was stock, both front and rear.
    Thanks, I think I want to get a beefier wheelset anyway. Another question for whomever though:

What's the best freeride/downhill shock that will fit the 650b slash? Are there any relevant differences between the 650b and 26" models that will render older threads useless?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Trek better have a carbon slash this year, although I like my M6 the slash is still my favorite bike.

mtbr member

Trek slash

Just a carbon front triangle. No thanks on the rear.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    jumping straight in at the end of this thread;

anyone run a different shock to the DRCV?

Just picked up a Float X for my Slash...

Going to try it tonight

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Curious to see how you will make it fit, I'm pretty sure they don't make a float x with the correct fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hi. Ya you are correct, no standard Fox shocks have the correct dimensions. An interesting fact about the eye to eye on the Slash DRCV is that it is stated I believe to be ~209X59 but when measured it comes out around 204mm eye to eye. (cant remember what I measured the stroke as).

I have installed an 200 X 57. giving me a aprrox 4mm drop in eye to eye.

Shock performance alone is good so far. Realistically I did not want to change the geometry of the Slash in low setting. But I wasn't happy with the downhill performace of the DRCV. Bike is now touch lower bb and slacker head angle.

I'm going to play around with the mino link now, see what I like.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Trek slash-20140710_203231.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Caol View Post
    Hi. Ya you are correct, no standard Fox shocks have the correct dimensions. An interesting fact about the eye to eye on the Slash DRCV is that it is stated I believe to be ~209X59 but when measured it comes out around 204mm eye to eye. (cant remember what I measured the stroke as).

I have installed an 200 X 57. giving me a aprrox 4mm drop in eye to eye.

Shock performance alone is good so far. Realistically I did not want to change the geometry of the Slash in low setting. But I wasn't happy with the downhill performace of the DRCV. Bike is now touch lower bb and slacker head angle.

I'm going to play around with the mino link now, see what I like.
    Does the tire not hit the seat tube at full compression? If you above-stated dimensions are correct, your i2i at compression is 7mm shorter...which could mean the tire hitting the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Does the tire not hit the seat tube at full compression? If you above-stated dimensions are correct, your i2i at compression is 7mm shorter...which could mean the tire hitting the seat tube.
    no, clearance is fine. I checked. If anything it looks like the shock bottoms out slightly earlier than with the DRCV. Shorter stroke..?

my measurement of 204mm i2i for the drcv is accurate I think. mojo came up with the same number too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    unless my drcv shock was stuck down... which I highly doubt as I just serviced the can. But it does seem strange, when Rockshox are making shocks 210X59 for the Slash.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I see you went with the mattoc over the pike--how is it? Great looking rig.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntrager View Post
    I see you went with the mattoc over the pike--how is it? Great looking rig.
    The Mattoc is real good! Happy with it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    couple rides in on my Slash with shorter Float X on the back and I am super happy with how it rides. Still got it in the slacker mino link setting. Feels like the bike I always wanted; a short travel DH bike. Still pedals up great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I bought the Slash specific Rockshox Monarch in a 210X59 size but have no idea how to find hardware for the upper mount. Looks like the hardware for the lower mount is included. I'd have to imagine that it exists if they released the Slash specific Monarch? I'd like to avoid the Ti bolt hack job if possible. Anyone?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeyer View Post
    I bought the Slash specific Rockshox Monarch in a 210X59 size but have no idea how to find hardware for the upper mount. Looks like the hardware for the lower mount is included. I'd have to imagine that it exists if they released the Slash specific Monarch? I'd like to avoid the Ti bolt hack job if possible. Anyone?
    The stock hardware on the evo link doesn't work? If so, I bet they just accidentally left it out when boxing it up. Post a review once it gets goin!

mtbr member
    If it doesn't fit right out of the box, than why they call it as Trek Slash specific?
    2012 Trek Slash 9
    2012 Trek Session 9.9

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    This is what I got as an answer from Trek (asked if this new shock would fit older Slash, 2012 or 2013):

"The physical mounting hardware that holds the shock on is slightly different.
    By different, I mean the length of the bolts are different- for example:
    On 2012 slash the bolt is 10x1x20mm
    On 2014 slash the bolt is 10x1x18mm

On another note, the lower shock mounting bolts are identical.
    "

Also, a lot of sites says that the Slash specific Monarch Plus Debon Air is 2012-2014.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Trek kept the same mounting hardware for the Fuel EX remedy 29 etc but changed the Slash shock to a normal upper eyelet mount vs the thread in DRCV body. My shop says upper hardware isn't available for 120 days. If that's true= LAME.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Tmeyer, can you make a photo of the shock you bought ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Slash Specific Monarch Debonair

[/URL]

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks. Also, it looks like you are right (which was really hard to believe), but looks like they have changed the upper shock mount for 2015:
    Singletrack Magazine | Trekworld: Trek 2015 Range

But for 2014 it is still threaded hardware and special upper mount as I can see.

P.S. Also, you can see that carbon Slash will be out for 2015.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Anyone ridden one of these Debonair equiped Slash or Remedys?

mtbr member
    I've broken Rear Maxle..Anyone knows where to get online?

I found out this comment on Amazon:

"The older (and shorter) manufacturers label on the Maxle reads:
    REAR MAXLE ASSY, CUS
    OEM TREK 142 X 12 FR

The newer ABP Convert 142x12 192mm Maxle package reads:
    11 REAR MAXLE CUSTOM
    TREK 142X12 FR"

However I looked up to Sram's spare parts pdf and it says:
    "Original (2008-2009) Rear Maxle assembly is no longer available. "

Than there is only one part listed as below:
    "11.4315.023.000 Rear Maxle Lite, Trek 142mm x 12mm FR"

Confused...
    2012 Trek Slash 9
    2012 Trek Session 9.9

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRaBeeN View Post
    I've broken Rear Maxle..Anyone knows where to get online?

I found out this comment on Amazon:

"The older (and shorter) manufacturers label on the Maxle reads:
    REAR MAXLE ASSY, CUS
    OEM TREK 142 X 12 FR

The newer ABP Convert 142x12 192mm Maxle package reads:
    11 REAR MAXLE CUSTOM
    TREK 142X12 FR"

However I looked up to Sram's spare parts pdf and it says:
    "Original (2008-2009) Rear Maxle assembly is no longer available. "

Than there is only one part listed as below:
    "11.4315.023.000 Rear Maxle Lite, Trek 142mm x 12mm FR"

Confused...
    That sounds bass ackwards to me man. I'd just get both and send back the one you don't need--seems easier than trying to sort it out in dark places like this.

If I end up getting one, I'll order through my LBS and have them do the install, maybe they'll let me film and I can post link here if it's quick.

Just upgraded the fork (x-fusion metric) and front wheel (hadley dh hub) though so it'll take a few weeks. Really wanna read some solid review too before I pull the trigger.

Really hoping for a coil rear at some point too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    These two things follow me from the beginning of owning the Slash - loud knocking when I lock up rear wheel and this creaks when stomping on the pedals hard. But, no bike is perfect.
    This almost certainly sounds like a bearing in the ABP pivot that is sitting loose in the frame. They should be snug. Remove the ABP hardware and if a bearing pops out real easy that's your culprit, I just went through tracking down these same symptoms on my Fuel. My solution was to wrap the bearing in teflon tape and press it back into the frame. So far so good, we'll see how long it lasts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    New Pic after new cranks, shifter, crank boots, and 2 crashes at Big Bear.

Trek slash-p4pb11286908.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2014 Slash 8 Upgrades

Trek slash-tony-front-end.jpg

* X-Fusion Metric fork

* Wheels:
    + Gold Hadley DH hub
    + WTB i25 Frequency Team rim
    + DT Swiss Competition 14 Gauge spokes
    + Maxxis High Roller 2 27.5x2.4" tire

* Custom painted:
    + carbon fork guards
    + Ice-Tech rotor

* Not pictured:
    + Shimano Saint (m810) brakes

mtbr member
    That fork is gorgous!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Managed to get hold of an ex-rental 2014 Slash 7 for a steal. Considering it's an ex-rental it's in great condition, came with new cranks, BB, cassette and chain. Drivetrain and brakes had all been upgraded to Deore. Transferred my SLX brakes over from my voltage, and I'm definitely getting a 780 bar and probably a 40mm stem, feels a bit narrow and long at the moment, but loving the nimble-ness of this thing compared to my beefy voltage. Also going to wrap the frame, maybe using pearl green for the white sections, and definitely satin black for the black sections, with original style graphics on top. Hopefully gonna go for a slash specific monarch plus too, liking the drcv but i got too used to my vivid air, and i kinda miss the endless feel of it, hopefully the monarch plus will have a bit of that
    oh, and a reverb, maybe after christmas..
    Trek slash-slash-original-1920.jpg
    How it is now

Trek slash-slash-colour-ideas-1920.jpg
    and some colour ideas - any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Also i was looking back at the piggyback upgrade posts from a while back, and this may sound like a dumb question, but what's stopping a ccdbair from fitting with the reservoir at the top end? is it cause the shock body istelf is too fat under compression and hits against the seat tube?
    I did spot a guy with a slash 9 2012, with a ccdb coil fitted, reservoir on the top end is all

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    has anyone fit a Vivid air R2C on their Slash, i've been looking at them, and could i just use the mount for my Monarch plus on it?

MattSavage
    Just built up an XL NOS 2013 Trek Slash 9 frame... All in all it comes in at 28.9#
    Manitou Mattoc Pro @170mm
    XX1
    WTB KOM 25 on Hope Pro2 Evo's and DT Super Comp's
    KS Lev 150
    Easton Haven 35 stem
    Race Face Next 35 760mm
    Maxxis Minions
    Time Atac Mx8
    I've also just installed a Works Components -1 headset, not pictured.
    I"m pretty stoked on it! Now just need to sort out the rear suspension...

Yeah, I know, MOAR seatpost... It's an XL and I have a 36" inseam, what can I say?

"I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    What sag / PSI do you guys use for the Slash, Monarch RC3 + rear shock?

It seems like I might end up somewhere + 50PSI from the recomended pressure to get 25% sag.

Im somewhere between 95/100kg geared up.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Looking for a monarch plus Rc3 for my 2014 slash 7..anyone know where i can buy one? eBay has them for $400, but id like to find a little bit of a better deal.. thanks

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyC View Post
    What sag / PSI do you guys use for the Slash, Monarch RC3 + rear shock?

It seems like I might end up somewhere + 50PSI from the recomended pressure to get 25% sag.

Im somewhere between 95/100kg geared up.

Thanks
    I can't recall the exact figure off of the top of my head, but I was about 10% higher than the recommended psi on the monarch to prevent bottoming out.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by ecooke21 View Post
    Looking for a monarch plus Rc3 for my 2014 slash 7..anyone know where i can buy one? eBay has them for $400, but id like to find a little bit of a better deal.. thanks
    Wholesale is 305, so 400 is about as good as you're gonna get...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    I can't recall the exact figure off of the top of my head, but I was about 10% higher than the recommended psi on the monarch to prevent bottoming out.
    Thanks, seems like im ending up somewhere like +10% from recomended as well to get 30% sag. No problems bottoming out.

The reason i'm asking is the low BB on some technical trails hitting the ground, trying to compensate with less sag. So guess Ill rather should try rise the geometri to 65.5° for high BB. Whats the experince with it?

mtbr member
    I raised the BB by putting on 27.5 wheels
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Wholesale is 305, so 400 is about as good as you're gonna get...
    got mine for $361 shipped/paypal'ed

MattSavage
    Where?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Where?

2015 New Rock Shox Monarch plus+ RC3 For Sale

i think he has more..

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I just typed a long story about my crap experience with a LBS but it did not go through so ill get to the point. did the 2012 slash 7 come with a BB spacer on it cause I did not think mine had one on it till I brought it home from the shop that messed up my bike so bad it made me sick.

mtbr member
    No spacer on the GXP bb that came on that bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    No spacer on the GXP bb that came on that bike
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Trek slash-img_20150815_135421%7E2-large-.jpg

Got this thing running perfect now, new XT 11 speed drive train fitted up last week.
    Rips every trail I point it at and now with perfect shifting.
    2014 Trek Slash 8
    2017 Trek Slash 9.9 RSL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEfLAZIWAU-My Trail Dog

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    While I've been out for ACL surgery I upgraded my 13 Slash.I added Sun ADD DH Wheels (142x12, it was a pian to track down the conversion parts), converted to 1X10 with a race face narrow wide 32T, Shimano Zee Derailer and shifter, tires, and a 203 rear rotor. It weighs in at 32 lbs now.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardsjr1 View Post
    While I've been out for ACL surgery I upgraded my 13 Slash.I added Sun ADD DH Wheels (142x12, it was a pian to track down the conversion parts), converted to 1X10 with a race face narrow wide 32T, Shimano Zee Derailer and shifter, tires, and a 203 rear rotor. It weighs in at 32 lbs now.
    NICE!

Good luck with the ACL, you are wise in keeping up with the bike while you are down. I neglected my rig for almost a year after surgery.

PM me if you have questions about my recovery/process...I'm in my 3rd week back on the bike and did about 35mi of techy singletrack this week, so stoked to be back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    NICE!Good luck with the ACL, you are wise in keeping up with the bike while you are down. I neglected my rig for almost a year after surgery. PM me if you have questions about my recovery/process...I'm in my 3rd week back on the bike and did about 35mi of techy singletrack this week, so stoked to be back.
    This is my second ACL (both from snowboarding) This time around I bought a road bike. I ride around 80 to 100 miles a week. definitely speeding up the recovery and making me skinny.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Today i Finished the rebuild of my 2013 Trek slash. Instead of the RS Debonair i chose the ccdb air cs. As starting point i use the recomended base tune for the Session 9.9 (the curve of the rising rate sems equal).
    Trek slash-image.jpg
    Trek slash-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks awesome! How's she ride??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by piccirilli View Post
    I know the quote above is from a long time ago, but I am wondering if there are still people interested in switching their original shocks to standard shocks.
    I am the owner of a new company called BikeYoke (BikeYoke).
    We are trying to offer special parts for many different purposes.
    One of them coudl be a bushing kit for Remedy and Slash models for standard shocks.

Plan is a Titanum axle for lower and upper and a Titanium bolt for upper shock mount with an aluminium nut. Spacers made from aluminum and washers from Teflon to adjust the side play. For the lower side, it should be possible to use the original bolt and form fit nut.

Please let me know, what you think about it.

Also some more questions:
    1. Do Remedy and Slash share the same reducer widths?
    3. Does anyone know the exact widht? Lower should be 39,88mm, and from lower one I read 46,00mm? Is that correct?
    2. Does the standard shock lenght, which is slightly different from Trek´s specification and problems regarding clearences during bottom out or top out?

Thanks for your help in advance.

greets
    Sacki
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek slash-trek-heavy-duty-bushing-kit.jpg  

mtbr member
    Bumping this back up. I sold my 2013 Slash. I have a Monarch Plus RC3 rear shock leftover if anyone is interested.

Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    Quote Originally Posted by sackmann View Post
    I know the quote above is from a long time ago, but I am wondering if there are still people interested in switching their original shocks to standard shocks.
    I am the owner of a new company called BikeYoke (BikeYoke).
    We are trying to offer special parts for many different purposes.
    One of them coudl be a bushing kit for Remedy and Slash models for standard shocks.

Plan is a Titanum axle for lower and upper and a Titanium bolt for upper shock mount with an aluminium nut. Spacers made from aluminum and washers from Teflon to adjust the side play. For the lower side, it should be possible to use the original bolt and form fit nut.

Please let me know, what you think about it.

Also some more questions:
    1. Do Remedy and Slash share the same reducer widths?
    3. Does anyone know the exact widht? Lower should be 39,88mm, and from lower one I read 46,00mm? Is that correct?
    2. Does the standard shock lenght, which is slightly different from Trek´s specification and problems regarding clearences during bottom out or top out?

Thanks for your help in advance.

greets
    Sacki
    is this just to get rid of dcrv? plans to make anything to adapt a 216x63 onto the slash that comes with the silly 210x60?
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Trek Fuel 9.8 27.5
    2017 Trek Domane SL6 Pro
    2017 Trek Crockett

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    New pic after mods:
    -Absolute Black 28T Oval Chainring
    -Offsetbushings.com 0.5deg bushing
    -SDG Saddle
    -Vredestein Bobcat 2.35 tires

New weight: 28.6 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek slash-1391453_10209063042320203_3413700087654407676_n.jpg  

Trek slash-944059_10209063041720188_1460797694048993666_n.jpg  

Trek slash-10565206_10209063041320178_4853868455960449750_n.jpg  

Last edited by aperral; 03-21-2016 at 08:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    How does it ride with the offset bushing? I have been thinking about making one for my slash.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by colk45 View Post
    How does it ride with the offset bushing? I have been thinking about making one for my slash.
    I don't know how to quantify it. But I can see the more of the front tire. I haven't ridden it on the trail though.

The bushing only worked on the bottom eye.
    HA=64.5
    BB Height=13.5
    Wheelbase=slightly longer(not measured)

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hy guys,
    Anybody has fitted a vivid coil on a 2015 trek slash?
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hi guys somebody tried a 170mm fork on the 2015/2016 slash, how did it feel?
    too slack?
    thanks for help

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345