Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trek slash

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Has anyone who ordered just a Slash frameset been able to also get a Reverb Stealth dropper post from their dealer? I've ordered a frame to do a very custom build but now am being told by numerous shops and even Trek that I can't buy a Stealth post from them. This was one of the main reasons I wanted this frame as it was ready for this post. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    You could order the Stealth as a spare part.
    11.6815.029.040 Assembly Seat Post, 380/125x31.6 - Reverb Stealth Black (complete replacement post - does not include hose or remote)
    And
    11.6815.026.040 Remote Lever Assembly/new hose Kit (Right)
    - Reverb (includes right remote lever, new hose 1500mm, new hose barb, new strain relief).

I got the seatpost, but i heard Trek are out of frames in 17,5". Hope they make more of them so I can use my Stealth Reverb.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KnutL View Post
    11.6815.029.040 Assembly Seat Post, 380/125x31.6 - Reverb Stealth Black (complete replacement post - does not include hose or remote)
    And
    - Reverb (includes right remote lever, new hose 1500mm, new hose barb, new strain relief).

I got the seatpost, but i heard Trek are out of frames in 17,5". Hope they make more of them so I can use my Stealth Reverb.

Hi KnutL,

Did you place the order with Trek or Sram?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    And

Nice, thanks. As asked above, this was through Trek and not Sram, right? Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    It was through SRAM. It is SRAM part #.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am still waiting for my slash 9 in Hong Kong!
    No ETA !

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The green one is sick!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Does anyone know where to order a trek slash 9 frameset? I live in Holland and it seems they only come as complete bikes here

mtbr member
    The Slashes look like awesome fun, do you think they make a good all rounder?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    frameset is not available outside of the usa

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Finished the build.
    Size XL, Fox 36 VAN.
    I'm 6'1"+, the XL is a long bike, I have a 70mm stem on their now which for XC, all mountain ridng is great, I am switching to a 50mm for my more downhill, technical trail riding.
    Pictures coming soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesc View Post
    frameset is not available outside of the usa
    Well that sucks, the Trek website wasn't of any help trying to find out. Useless. But thanks for your answer Any dealers over there shipping the frame worldwide or is the only way i'm gonna ride a slash buying the complete bike (which I obviously won't )?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Here is mine..

It is part of a long term test bike with many different fork and shock combos (Custom BOS and CCDBA) units. also changing it to 1x10..
    lighter heels and a XX cassette...looking at losing over 2lbs over spec....28lbs anyone?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Here is mine..

It is part of a long term test bike with many different fork and shock combos (Custom BOS and CCDBA) units. also changing it to 1x10..
    lighter heels and a XX cassette...looking at losing over 2lbs over spec....28lbs anyone?
    Pic must not be working...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Pic must not be working...
    just realised i have

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    to post

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    10 messages

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    before i can post

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    this may be better

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm 5'11" and 34.5" inseam.

What size do I need, 18.5" or 19.5"?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm 5'10 34.5" inseam. 18.5 with and 55mm stem is a perfect fit, so it may feel slightly small for you, better go throw a leg over. If you're riding gnar smaller is better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm planning to ride with a 50mm stem, I think the best option is 19.5"

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesc View Post
    I'm planning to ride with a 50mm stem, I think the best option is 19.5"
    I'm 5ft 11in and thats exactly what I have done...sunline AM 50mm..

Anyone know what the weight of the wheels are on the slash 9, I have seen 1800grams quoted....is this true?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    And

where can I order the stealth seatpost?

Know you any shop to order one's?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Anyone know what the weight of the wheels are on the slash 9, I have seen 1800grams quoted....is this true?[/QUOTE]

hey guys, haven't posted on here too much, but the wheels off my slash weighed about 1845 grams with the bontrager tubeless rim strip and valve stem.

LCW
    mtbr member
    that is one hot looking bike!!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    this may be better

EVIL Following
    Yeti
    SB-66A

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Slash sizing

Anybody familiar with this bike, does it feel smaller compared to a Remedy? I am 5'8" with a long upper torso. Currently on a Medium 17.5" Remedy, use a 50mm stem and ride it with the seat pushed all the way back. It seems from the other comments here to move up one size to the 18.5" large frame. The specs for the ETT are one size small. However, no one in my area has one and I'd like someones hands on input. Would the longer wheelbase be an issue?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Anybody familiar with this bike, does it feel smaller compared to a Remedy? I am 5'8" with a long upper torso. Currently on a Medium 17.5" Remedy, use a 50mm stem and ride it with the seat pushed all the way back. It seems from the other comments here to move up one size to the 18.5" large frame. The specs for the ETT are one size small. However, no one in my area has one and I'd like someones hands on input. Would the longer wheelbase be an issue?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've had mine for about two weeks and I love it! I came from a 15.7" Remedy to a 17.5" Slash. The length feels right fine. Has anyone else had issues with their RP3? Mine is already going back for repairs.

ride it like you stole it
    I typically ride an 18.5 but went a size up with the Slash. Glad I did! Took it out for the first real ride over the weekend and the sizing felt perfect!

No issues with my shock. I just need to get the settings dialed to my preference after the first ride. What's going on with yours?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Definately go up a size... I usually ride an 18.5 or 19.5, I got a 19.5 and had to get a longer stem in order to get a proper fit. Love the bike though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks kindly for the input. I'll order one size up from the Remedy.

mtbr member
    Hello, I am very interested in dropping some $$ on a Slash but I am not sure what size to get. My LBS does not have have a Slash on the floor nor are they expecting to get one so I really can't sit on one to figure out what size to get. I am 5'5" with a 29" inseam. I currently ride a Med. 2005 Blur 4X with a 40mm stem. I have been using it for all mountain rides here in North Cali that last about 2 to 3 hours so comfort is important. But just as important is the DH aspect. Can anyone tell me if I would be better off on a small or a med?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roach666 View Post
    Hello, I am very interested in dropping some $$ on a Slash but I am not sure what size to get. My LBS does not have have a Slash on the floor nor are they expecting to get one so I really can't sit on one to figure out what size to get. I am 5'5" with a 29" inseam. I currently ride a Med. 2005 Blur 4X with a 40mm stem. I have been using it for all mountain rides here in North Cali that last about 2 to 3 hours so comfort is important. But just as important is the DH aspect. Can anyone tell me if I would be better off on a small or a med?

Thanks in advance.
    Sit on a Remedy if they have one or even a Fuel. I know that the geometry would be different but the frame sizing is very similar.

Find the size that fits in the Remedy or Fuel and then compare that to the sizing on the trek site for the Slash.

mtbr member
    Arron Gwin on Slash at the last Sea Otter
    Aaron Gwin at Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, California, United States - photo by IanHylands - Pinkbike.com

what model fork is in your opinion?
    a 36 Talas RLC FIT 160 or 160 36 VAN RC2

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by puinsai View Post
    Arron Gwin on Slash at the last Sea Otter
    Aaron Gwin at Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, California, United States - photo by IanHylands - Pinkbike.com

what model fork is in your opinion?
    a 36 Talas RLC FIT 160 or 160 36 VAN RC2
    I looked at it in person and my memory is saying VAN because I didn't see lockout on his fork, just the two compression adjustments on the right leg. Honestly, he was probably running a 2013 TALAS that's going back to RC2 but I can't recall.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Carbon Slash...More Like Dreams Slashed

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterR View Post
    I looked at it in person and my memory is saying VAN because I didn't see lockout on his fork, just the two compression adjustments on the right leg. Honestly, he was probably running a 2013 TALAS that's going back to RC2 but I can't recall.
    I was just hoping to see him on a prototype carbon slash which would be the precursor for next year.

mtbr member
    found another picture and it looks like a VAN ! what to think?
    Sea Otter downhill - the right tool for the win | Dirt Rag Magazine

and @Yeti-j >> +1 for a next carbon slash sure !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    With zoom, you can clearly see the Talus lockout lever and black dial on top. But the left top cap looks more like a Van.... maybe it's modified. Anyways, yes it's a tough decision. Personally I want DH performance, and high speed compression is pretty important, Van is the obvious choice. Too bad there isn't a Van with lockout.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Mine is up for sale. Great price if you're looking for a Slash 9 in 21.5. They run small so its more like a 19.5.

2012 Trek Slash 9 - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

I would keep it but I need the money for a business I am starting. The initial order for the product is a lot higher than expected so I am selling my stuff to avoid having to borrow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I know this is a stupid question but would you want to sell the Reverb Stealth seat post? Even trade it (plus some money) for a normal Reverb?

I ask as I ordered a Slash Frameset and neither Trek or Sram will sell me a Stealth post to go with it. This is my first try with Trek and I'm not real impressed so far, seems very short-sighted to not be ready for that request. Not a lot of suppport from the local Trek folks either.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ive heard they are difficult to get.

I can't sell it but if you want you could buy the bike and sell your frame

mtbr member
    Just thought I'd comment that I finally have some time on my 21.5" Slash 9 and it has blown me away.

It's a bike that just keeps asking for more and never falters. For being air sprung it's amazing the travel seems bottomless and the bike just gets better the faster I go. It's also got great stiffness and holds a line really well. Also I'd say the valving is quite good for a stock bike, it sticks like velcro and is only airborne when I want it to be. Really loving this thing. The Bontrager tires are surprisingly good here for front range Colorado as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti-j View Post
    I was just hoping to see him on a prototype carbon slash which would be the precursor for next year.
    If they keep selling like they are I wouldn't be surprised to see a carbon slash proto in a year or so, maybe be available as a 2014 model in late 2013.

mtbr member
    I just ordered a slash 8 Do anyone know the width of the handlebar on slash 8?
    I found the OD, sweep and rise but not how wide it is
    Also what length the stem is?
    "You don't have to outrun the Bear.. just outrun your buddy"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho_sw View Post
    I just ordered a slash 8 Do anyone know the width of the handlebar on slash 8?
    I found the OD, sweep and rise but not how wide it is
    Also what length the stem is?
    It depends on what size frame your order as far as stem length goes. For reference, my 19.5 came with a 50mm. The handlebar is longish feeling at close to 30in I cut it to 28in and it feels great. Mine is a slash 8 as well, It's an awesome bike...you will be happy with your purchase

mtbr member
    I got the slash 9 and my LBS told me it comes with a 50mm stem. Not sure what the handlebar width is. I can't wait to get it next week.

mtbr member
    vegas_84 : thanks man!

roach666 : I know that the slash 9 comes whit bontragers 750mm carbon bar with a 50mm stem.

So the difference seems to be only the material then slash 9:carbon bar. slash 8:alu bar.
    "You don't have to outrun the Bear.. just outrun your buddy"

mtbr member
    @psycho_sw - Thanks for the 411 but I ordered the frame only. Plan on building it up custom. Parts are sitting in the garage waiting for the frame.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast